TS
thumpr

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
I stopped watching sumo when Kisenosato retired. So bummed. 😭
tbh, it's going to get worse. hakuho, who has 44 championships, is almost certainly going to retire this year and so is kakuryu who has 6

the next most successful active sumo has... 2 lol

Dodgers

2020 World Series Champions
OT Supporter
Mar 9, 2005
San Diego
tbh, it's going to get worse. hakuho, who has 44 championships, is almost certainly going to retire this year and so is kakuryu who has 6

the next most successful active sumo has... 2 lol
I looked at the banzuke rankings recently and couldn't believe Shodai made ozeki. I think Takakeisho has the best chances of becoming the next yokozuna - dude is great.

Meanwhile, everybody is gonna get destroyed (again) when Ura makes it back to Makuuchi. :tbow:

TS
TS
thumpr

thumpr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
I looked at the banzuke rankings recently and couldn't believe Shodai made ozeki. I think Takakeisho has the best chances of becoming the next yokozuna - dude is great.

Meanwhile, everybody is gonna get destroyed (again) when Ura makes it back to Makuuchi. :tbow:

takakeisho is like 2-8 or something this tournament doe, i think he twisted his ankle on day 3 and hasn't been able to recover :o

takakeisho's big draw is that he's young. nearly every other active sumo with a championship is on the wrong side of 30

Reactions: Dodgers

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
Concussions in Sumo are no joke. They're physically big and they use their head as a weapon. We're currently working with the Japanese government to conduct research in judo, want to branch over to Sumo, but they are stubborn and don't wear mouthguards. Perhaps in practice, they would be more willing.

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONORS!

TS
TS
thumpr

thumpr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
those guys arent even considered "fat guys" by todays standards
not that theres too much difference in size (mostly technical ability) but i think thats either a division 2 or 3 video

theres a current dude who looks every ounce of his 550lbs doe

o1280128014154219170.jpg

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
not that theres too much difference in size (mostly technical ability) but i think thats either a division 2 or 3 video

theres a current dude who looks every ounce of his 550lbs doe

o1280128014154219170.jpg
That is a gnarly scar!

wizurd

OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Concussions in Sumo are no joke. They're physically big and they use their head as a weapon. We're currently working with the Japanese government to conduct research in judo, want to branch over to Sumo, but they are stubborn and don't wear mouthguards. Perhaps in practice, they would be more willing.

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONORS!

:gtfo:

FritoBandito

Gol Meember
OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2003
Kalifornia
That was brutal and it's hard not to feel bad for the guy staggering all over the dohyo. Just another one of those Japanese things that are easier to face if we pretend it's not an issue I guess.

Reactions: Carrera

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman