G-Love & Special Sauce
Amos Lee
Gomez
Drive By Truckers
Citizen Cope
4 on the floor
and a million bands at warped tour that no one has ever heard of :rofl:

Now I've got something like 3000 pics to sort through :wtc:

Here's a few from the Basilica Block Party in Minneapolis on Friday & Saturday.

1)
Fitz-and-the-Tantrums-Basilica-Block-Party-Friday-5244_1050.jpg

2)
Lissie-basilica-block-party-friday-5198_1050.jpg

3)
David-Gray-Basilica-Block-Party-Friday-2011-5541_1050.jpg

4)
Michael-Frianti-and-Spearhead-Basilica-Block-Party-Friday-2011-5383_1050.jpg

Totally fucked up the exposure here. Had turned around to get some shots of the crowd and didn't adjust when I turned back around. :o I still like it.

5)
Michael-Frianti-and-Spearhead-Basilica-Block-Party-Friday-2011-5449_1050.jpg

6)
minneapolis-skyline-5234_1050.jpg

7)
Drive-By-Truckers-Basilica-Block-Party-Saturday-2011-6083_1050.jpg

8)
Drive-By-Truckers-Basilica-Block-Party-Saturday-2011-6340_1050.jpg

9)
Interior-of-Basilica-Saturday-2011-5718_1050.jpg

10)
Drive-By-Truckers-Basilica-Block-Party-Saturday-2011-6344_1050.jpg

There's 10 :o :o

Last edited:
TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
side note:

outdoor concerts fucking SUCK. The light is all over the place and constantly, constantly, constantly changing as it gets darker.

I was a bit too drunk at Warped Tour yesterday :rofl:

TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
what bands at warped
I honestly don't know what bands I shot there :rofl:

I'm gonna have to look at the timestamps and stages to figure it out. There was 7 different stages going at the same time :uh:

August BUrns Red, A day to Remember, Less THan Jake, Of Mice & Men, We Came as Romans, Black Veil Brides (I think) Unwritten Law, Quiet Drive (I think)

I was just wandering from stage to stage as bands were starting, getting my 3 songs in, then moving to the next one.

LOTS of wandering.

djlogik

Apr 22, 2004
Tinley Park, IL
I shot a total of 3 bands at Warped on Saturday! I got pissed that I had to share the pit with 20+ chicks with point & shoot cams not doing shit. I had work to do and could not get them to move out of my way. One other guy in the pit started to shove them to get them to move. Then some ass in the crowd threw a frozen bottle of water at the stage that blasted the side of my camera. It knocked it out of my hands into the stage monitors and broke the focus hold button off. At that point I decided it was not worth it and left. MSO really needs to regulate who they give those passes out to.

Chitown B

Oct 13, 2008
chicago, il
I only knew who David grey was in your list.

Music just isn't what it used to be.

David Gray
The Jayhawks
Michael Frianti & Spearhead
G-Love & Special Sauce
Gomez
Drive By Truckers
Citizen Cope

^ I know at least these guys are good. come on, grandpa. ;) "when I was your age, music blah blah blah..."

:p

Chitown B

Oct 13, 2008
chicago, il
I shot a total of 3 bands at Warped on Saturday! I got pissed that I had to share the pit with 20+ chicks with point & shoot cams not doing shit. I had work to do and could not get them to move out of my way. One other guy in the pit started to shove them to get them to move. Then some ass in the crowd threw a frozen bottle of water at the stage that blasted the side of my camera. It knocked it out of my hands into the stage monitors and broke the focus hold button off. At that point I decided it was not worth it and left. MSO really needs to regulate who they give those passes out to.

:wtc:

TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
ouch!

no real issues in MN.

got hit with a little water at the main stage, once. not bad.

Sooooooooo much fucking jailbait around taht place. :rofl:

I stopped to chat with these two girls at one point because of their crazy hair.

I asked how old they were.. :rofl: 12 & 14 :uh::barf:

TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
i hate black veil brides. they disgust me.
:dunno:

I only wanted to go because of Lucero.

Turns out they played at 12:45 and I didn't get there 'til after 1. :sad2:

That's when I started drinking and wandering.

Chitown B

Oct 13, 2008
chicago, il
Just because i'm over 50 doesn't mean you have to call me names.

That's not very christian of you.

i'm sure we're just ribbing you

but seriously, I love the Kinks, Beatles, Hendrix, Zeppelin, Talking Heads, yada yada - but you can't just stop there.

TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
Just because i'm over 50 doesn't mean you have to call me names.

That's not very christian of you.
:hsugh::hsugh:

I'm just kidding. :h5:

Ray LaMontagne was there as well, but wouldn't allow any photogs access to the pit. So I stayed and watched the Drive By Truckers (who are fucking fantastic)

XtremeSaturn

Sep 17, 2002
Florida
Citizen Cope is great chill music. Dude is pretty talented.

I like the perspective of #5 in the first batch and feel up in the air on the crop. I like it but not sure if getting more of his hand and microphone would have made it better.

TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
Citizen Cope is great chill music. Dude is pretty talented.

I like the perspective of #5 in the first batch and feel up in the air on the crop. I like it but not sure if getting more of his hand and microphone would have made it better.
Haha

The pit was only about 36" wide. His road manager walked down in the front as he was playing and was like "He's coming down here, MOVE!"

So I hugged the stage as tight and snapped what I could. That's at 17mm :rofl:

I definitely wish I'd panned down & left a bit for it.

TS
TS
VD

VD

Aug 18, 2004
Denver
Again, thanks for the input guys.

Can't believe I'm apparently the best photographer ever. So good, I don't even need critiquing!

Can we all take turns sucking the same 3 photogs cocks though? PPPPPPLEEEEEEEASE?!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana