STYLE What Are Some Bad Brands?

Dio Seijuro

Oct 18, 2006
Most threads here are recommendation type topic, so naturally people list stores and brands they think are good. The thing is, most of these stores listed are pretty much the same every time, and more importantly--pretty obvious, at least to me. A lot of these stores like Banana Republic and J Crew, are wide-spread as well. I thought most people buy at least some of their clothes from some of the frequently recommended stores on here. And yet, people keep asking for recommendations.

I thought, why don't we do a list of brands and stores you think are terrible, and pretty popular? Or not necessarily popular but way overpriced/overhyped. I am really curious about this!

pokpok

Jul 6, 2003
out of mall brands...i really hate most of the shit from express... :barf: i wouldnt wear 90% of the shit in there, tho ive bought a 2 shirts from them over the past year :o

TS
TS

Dio Seijuro

Oct 18, 2006
out of mall brands...i really hate most of the shit from express... :barf: i wouldnt wear 90% of the shit in there, tho ive bought a 2 shirts from them over the past year :o
I don't like most of their stuff now. But over the years I've bought some boxers, a few dressed shirts, and a pair of probably director's or producer's pants. And these have been pretty decent.

The knits feel like cardboard. I'll never buy those.

bigslick

Mar 22, 2004
Queens, NY
Brands i avoid are: aeropostale, american eagle, gap, express, guess, j crew, armani exchange, abercombie...basically mall chain stores.

chizzle

May 23, 2003
NYC
I used to be ok with express as beater work clothing, but that shit is just terrible. I had a pair of pants i wore fairly regularly when I was managing a restaurant a few years ago and those things just fell apart after a month. Terrible terrible quality.

Deleted member 35467

I like J Crew too.

any designer that will make XS sizes is ok in my book :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19