What are some really great horror movies

Boomchrono

Dooda la dooda la doodaley doo
OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
The ruins was pretty good

College kids go to a temple/ziggurat in a forest in Mexico or something by mistake and something is strange there

pixel804

yabba dabba do
Nov 2, 2001
rec, rec 2 were great - sequel starts right where the first one ends off

and to a much lesser extent -- Quarantine was the hollywood remake which wasn't as good cuz they removed a critical (imo) plot detail that made the the spanish one that much cooler

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

///TRASH

🤙 Chill Vibes Only 🤙
Jan 20, 2001
San Diego, California
This might be pedantic but I don’t consider The Shining and Alien to be horror films. I would classify them more as thrillers. I think of movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, nightmare on elm street, which rely primarily on tons of physical violence and jump scares, as horror.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
This might be pedantic but I don’t consider The Shining and Alien to be horror films. I would classify them more as thrillers. I think of movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, nightmare on elm street, which rely primarily on tons of physical violence and jump scares, as horror.

the shining and alien both have physical violence and jump scares.

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
Tons of physical violence and Jump scares are tropes of bad horror movies IMO

Anything sinister and supernatural (the shining) qualifies as horror to me

And monster movies, even those in space (Alien), also qualify IMO.

• Cool
Reactions: ///TRASH

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971