what are the arguments FOR forgiving student loan debts?

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa
i voted democrat, but i don't think we should wipe out student loan debts completely, i think there should be a balance, maybe forgiveness based on income? the less you make the more percentage of your student loan debts are forgiven? there are a lot of important jobs that do not pay well, e.g. educators...

anyhow, I think i understand the arguments against it, i'd like to understand more of what are some of the arguments FOR complete forgiveness of student loan debts?

jr.mac42

OT Supporter
Dec 26, 2017
La Mesa
It doesn't really matter. Our US Economy is smoke and mirrors. The FED Reserve is just printing out money without Gold backing. It's a Ponzi scheme and inflated and there's going to be a point where goods and services sky rocket as the debt continues to grow and grow. So student loans is one of the problems that we are facing.

jr.mac42

OT Supporter
Dec 26, 2017
La Mesa

yeah it's true. look at the housing market. rent is crazy expensive these days as well compared to how it used to be. Everything is gradually getting more and more expensive because of inflation. I'm almost positive at this point we are going to face an economic crisis, or WE GO TO FUCKING WAR. War is good for the economy, look at WW2.

meyou

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
It doesn't really matter. Our US Economy is smoke and mirrors. The FED Reserve is just printing out money without Gold backing. It's a Ponzi scheme and inflated and there's going to be a point where goods and services sky rocket as the debt continues to grow and grow. So student loans is one of the problems that we are facing.
278852.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman