What are you paying for Comcast Broadband? How do you get the best deal when you're no longer a new customer?

Polish

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Was on a promotion, $45 a month for 175mbps, which is ending this month. Seems like the renewal offer from calling in is $60 for 200mbps. Is there any way to get a better deal or just bend over and get cornholed? No other ISPs available unfortunately.

edit: Look in your account on their website, the very best deals you used to have to call for are now automatically available to just select without having to talk to someone. Got $60 for 600mbps. :bigok:

Last edited:

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
I doubt I have the best deal. But a couple months ago I POLITELY threatened to cancel due to not being able to afford their prices (the key is being polite and feigning poverty due to economic hardship). They increased my internet spead from 200 mbs to 800 mbs. Gave me more channels by upgrading my package to their max package (whatever that's called), threw in their home phone service (which I simply didn't activate) and dropped my monthly bill by $50 a month for 2 years. I was paying $220 now I'm paying $170 (full channel package, plus the sports package, the NFL Red Zone, and HBO).

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
I pay 70 a month for gigabit from them.

Right now with the pandemic they have 1 hour wait times for the "cancel shuffle".

You can see your offers when you login to your account when you go shopping.

• Love
Reactions: Polish

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Was on a promotion, $45 a month for 175mbps, which is ending this month. Seems like the renewal offer from calling in is $60 for 200mbps. Is there any way to get a better deal or just bend over and get cornholed? No other ISPs available unfortunately.
Oh I’m sure they KNOW you only have cable

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
What you need to do if you can swing it is either somehow find an alternative for a month. Something RF based instead of land line. Or poverty dsl. Then switch back for as long of a contract you can get at the locked rate

I do this every 2 years with fios though I have spectrum where I’m at so I have options :hs:

TS
TS
Polish

Polish

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
What you need to do if you can swing it is either somehow find an alternative for a month. Something RF based instead of land line. Or poverty dsl. Then switch back for as long of a contract you can get at the locked rate

I do this every 2 years with fios though I have spectrum where I’m at so I have options :hs:

Yeah... not sure if I can stomach three months of DSL. :o

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
call and threaten to cancel
get sent to retention dept
get offered some reduced rate for X number of months
???
profit

then do it all over again once it expires
this wont work if they realize the LEC in the area does not offer anything above 6mbs down 256kbs up. Its very easy to look up and qualify addresses on the fly.

Dudes in the call center be like
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Polish and Pogi

Lester Burnham

Oct 10, 2006
Atlanta
If you log in to your xfinity account online it seems like their current offers match what previously were only offered over the phone

I switched my plan in May online to a $40/month 100 Mbps plan

TS
TS
Polish

Polish

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA

Right now with the pandemic they have 1 hour wait times for the "cancel shuffle".

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Wouldn't have looked inside my account without your advice. There are a shit ton of offers, all at different prices. 600mbps for $60 and then another one, 600mbps for $80. :wtf: Looks like I can check out with the 60 bucks for 600mbps just fine, seems to be working. :x: :x: :x: That is a solid deal imo.

Reactions: Pogi and xconverge

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I chat with them once a year and either get a price reduction or speed increase for the same price :shrug: I don't even threaten to cancel, I literally say "it is expensive, is there anything you can do and I can't have slower speeds"

Pogi

Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Wouldn't have looked inside my account without your advice. There are a shit ton of offers, all at different prices. 600mbps for $60 and then another one, 600mbps for $80. :wtf: Looks like I can check out with the 60 bucks for 600mbps just fine, seems to be working. :x: :x: :x: That is a solid deal imo.
Yeah the cheaper ones lock you down for two years, but I don't have an alternative in my area so it's no big deal for me.

Make sure you own your own modem, an Sb8200 is the best one I believe.

Ex Inferis

Trump voters = Traitors
OT Supporter
Aug 23, 2003
Fappville

Do you have FIOS in your area? They keep the price lower where there's competition. There's no other option here for gigabit so I'm paying $108 :sad2:

Ex Inferis

Trump voters = Traitors
OT Supporter
Aug 23, 2003
Fappville
I hate i have to play that game with siriusxm

Ahah--you don't have to play it any more. I called not that long ago to get another promo, the automated system asked me right away if I was calling to renew my expiring promo.

"Yes"

Automated: I can go ahead and renew that for you.

Lol.

Reactions: Divine

Pogi

Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
Do you have FIOS in your area? They keep the price lower where there's competition. There's no other option here for gigabit so I'm paying $108 :sad2:
Only Att fiber is near my area, but not in my exact location. My parents who are about 8min from me have Att fiber and it's great.

TS
TS
Polish

Polish

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Yeah the cheaper ones lock you down for two years, but I don't have an alternative in my area so it's no big deal for me.

Make sure you own your own modem, an Sb8200 is the best one I believe.

I have some Netgear that maxes out at 600mbps, so totally down with that speed for now. Maybe I'll upgrade to a 1gbps modem next year if that 1gbps for $70 is still available.

TS
TS
Polish

Polish

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Ahah--you don't have to play it any more. I called not that long ago to get another promo, the automated system asked me right away if I was calling to renew my expiring promo.

"Yes"

Automated: I can go ahead and renew that for you.

Lol.

I made a thread about this a few months back. I was shocked I no longer had to do the same song and dance. I actually have TWO cars subscribed now at 60/1yr

Ex Inferis

Trump voters = Traitors
OT Supporter
Aug 23, 2003
Fappville
I made a thread about this a few months back. I was shocked I no longer had to do the same song and dance. I actually have TWO cars subscribed now at 60/1yr

Damn, $60 for 1/yr? That's good. Best I could get was $50 for 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor