What are your favorite cocktail recipes for the holidays?

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
I am trying to get more into mixology as just throwing together whiskey and mixers has gotten boring.

Do you have any special cocktails you enjoy at the holidays?

skeletor25rs

It feels like real butter
Jan 26, 2001
NBTX
We make Philadelphia Fish House Punch around Christmas every year. It has some fun history and it gets you drunk as fuck.

INGREDIENTS
Servings
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 lemons, peeled and peels reserved
  • 4 cups black tea (or water)
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • 4 cups rum, Jamaican
  • 2 cups cognac
  • 1/2 cup peach brandy
Garnish: lemon wheels and freshly grated nutmeg
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a large bowl, add sugar and lemon peels, and rub together to release the citrus oils into the sugar. (This is called oleo-saccharum.)
  2. Allow oleo-saccharum to infuse for at least 30 minutes.
  3. Dissolve sugar with warm water or tea.
  4. Add rum, cognac, lemon juice and peach brandy and stir to mix.
  5. Add a block of ice to chill, and continue to add smaller pieces of ice for desired dilution. (See Editor's Note.)
  6. Garnish with lemon wheels and freshly grated nutmeg.
  7. Ladle into individual glasses.
EDITOR'S NOTE
Freezing a Bundt pan or large bowl of water overnight is PUNCH's go-to shortcut for creating a block of ice. Punch is extremely versatile, so continue to add ice for desired dilution as well as additional garnish. If a hot punch is desired, skip the ice and add ingredients to a sauce pan to warm. Serve straight from the saucepan into tempered mugs.

• Love
Reactions: FartLighter
TS
TS
FartLighter

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Mixology is such a douche word πŸ˜‚

I don't care for it either, but it's just cocktails like you'd get at a nice restaurant. I used to just throw stuff together and that's gotten boring. I took a class at work and it made me realize what I was missing. We made a drink with gin, grapefruit juice, pomegranate juice, lime and jalapeno and it was so much more satisfying than my pineapple juice and rum I used to throw together.

Reactions: onyourchin

TrenT

OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
NYC
Egg nog, insane amount of captain, and ice. Top with fresh grated nutmeg and stir with a cinnamon stick.

Tom Vann

Feb 8, 2005
Ocala, FL
I really like making a simple vodka and apple juice. It's really good as long as you use simply apple or some other actual apple juice not mott's or some other crap.

Formz

vr6dub can't cook chicken
I don't care for it either, but it's just cocktails like you'd get at a nice restaurant. I used to just throw stuff together and that's gotten boring. I took a class at work and it made me realize what I was missing. We made a drink with gin, grapefruit juice, pomegranate juice, lime and jalapeno and it was so much more satisfying than my pineapple juice and rum I used to throw together.
See my other thread about my bar I made yesterday. I can answer any questions you have about cocktails but first step is figuring out what you have on hand (or will buy) and what you like to drink.

• Love
Reactions: FartLighter
TS
TS
FartLighter

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
See my other thread about my bar I made yesterday. I can answer any questions you have about cocktails but first step is figuring out what you have on hand (or will buy) and what you like to drink.

Saw your pics. My parents' bar is similar. They used to host parties and people would gift them with a ton of alcohol. Probably going to move most of it to my new house. Our bar has a wide variety of rums, vodkas, liqueurs... and whiskeys we don't know anything about.

In general I like vodka and light rum the most. Dry gin too. I am trying to get more into whiskey and rye. I am known to buy whatever I need if I really like a cocktail recipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6