ART What can you tell me about upsampling?

Poydras

Jan 9, 2011
I bought one of the Groupons that Canvas on Demand ran before the holidays. I'm considering using one of the images from the 40D I once had, the resolution of which is 3888x2572. I need something fairly large for my office wall, and was thinking of going with 24x36". They print the canvas at 150 dpi, which seems to work out to be something like 17x26. Think I'd be okay resizing it to a 24x36, or will it look like shit?

Thanks in advance.

Kappa00

Pizza
Nov 25, 2008
I think Jared uses genuine fractals and all 4 canvases I've seen in person from him look amazing.

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
I think it would be fine

And if it's a professional company can't you just send them the full res file from the camera and they scale/upsize it if necessary?

TS
TS
Poydras

Poydras

Jan 9, 2011
I think it would be fine

And if it's a professional company can't you just send them the full res file from the camera and they scale/upsize it if necessary?

Yeah, I'm sure they would. I was just concerned that I'd send the original, they'd enlarge it, and just print it despite the fact that it looked like crap because that's what I ordered.

By the way, thanks to everyone for the help.

Keiphus

my dog eats bears
Feb 22, 2005
jared blew up a 720x486 image for me to be over 4 feet long, shit looks bauce. yours will look awesome having that much resolution already to work with.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
If you need it blown up, email it to me. But chances are, they already have software to enlarge it and create the wrap areas...

Geniune Fractals has been renamed 'Perfect Resize 7', btw.... it's fucking bauce.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
:eek4: wait, what?

its all about viewing distance...

psssh. viewing distance pschewing distance... I'm a goddam magician.

BTW.... If you're reading this and I have a canvas in the works for you, it's on the fast track... Sorry for being so slow. Everything will be out Friday at the latest..

These past few weeks i've been a fucking robot at work. 14 hour days, almost every day...

TS
TS
Poydras

Poydras

Jan 9, 2011
Thanks again. Used Perfect Resize 7 as suggested and it looked great at 40" long.....much, much better than when I enlarged it in Photoshop.

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor