What did you get your Dad for Christmas?

Tenny

OT Supporter
Oct 4, 2005
Houston
What are you getting your pops?

At a loss this year. He has more than enough multitools / knives. He's retired and lives in the middle of no where (about 2 hours east of Redding, CA). He apparently got me a bunch of stuff, including a $250 VIAIR Air Compressor (it came in the box so I can see what it was). Typically he gets me pretty useless stuff or just gives me something he doesn't want. So I don't feel bad about just giving him whatever, but since he's gone all out this year I feel compelled to do a bit better.

Snake Pliskin

OT Supporter
May 8, 2013
California
I make Christmas calendars every year with pics of my kids. He and his wife get one. The kids and I also chipped in and got them one of those monthly gift services. Each month they will get a random food associated gift. First month is a salsa, next month is a dinner, month after that is a cheese, etc.

Drifter

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Mar 6, 2000
Canada
Bought him a handmade Takamura Santoku kitchen knife and a ceramic honing rod. He doesn’t have a really nice kitchen knife so we thought we’d treat him this year.

Shoes. He and his longtime girlfriend started walking a lot recently (I'm guessing she literally dragged him out of the house). He always wears the shittiest, cheapest Payless brand shoes and his feet are fucked up from them, plus he's like a 9 3E/4E basically walks around on square box feet.
Found some really nice Nike's in a wide fit and stretchy, also all black, for some reason he only wears all black shoes.

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
velour dashmat for his car.
He had one on his MPV years ago and always talked about how much he liked it.
Finally ordered one for his Forester.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Traction boards for when they go out in their Rubicon.
They just did the Mojave Trail (140mi off-road)
71OMb+PRO6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Love
Reactions: KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
might get him an xbox one. they're moving into a 55+ community and he will have decent wifi again. he's been stuck on xbox 360 for awhile, living with satellite internet.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Appliances he wanted and made him a lord in Scotland. He’s Scottish. <-sdad
Book, and the things I give him every year <-dad
Jewelry <-smom

Chente

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2007
Last year I got him a Pendleton shirt.
These are good and you get a new salami every month.

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
Nothing. He's dead. And we didn't speak the last 16 years of his life, so I wouldn't have gotten anything if he were still alive anyway. He was a huge asshole.

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
My Dad bought a Cayenne this year but hasn’t had a chance to drive it much. Any recommendations from Porsche crew?

Otherwise I also have no idea

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
My Dad bought a Cayenne this year but hasn’t had a chance to drive it much. Any recommendations from Porsche crew?

Otherwise I also have no idea

battery tender?

trunk mat?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan