GUN What do you think of the Kel-Tec PF-9?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Artyboy, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I've been carrying my P3AT for a while now and after several hundred rounds it's still holding up just fine. I want something with a little more punch that's not much bigger, though. Most of the time my Sig is just more gun than I want to lug around and there's no way that I can carry it when I'm at work because of my uniform. The PF-9 looks like a good choice. Does anyone have any experience with it?

2. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I saw one at our last fun show. I would have bought it but the vendor wanted way too much for it. Looked like a decent little piece to me.

3. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I don't think I'd pay more than $250 for one. More than that and I have to start asking myself why not get something like a Kahr.

4. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Yeah, they were asking like $320 for it. I'd go ahead and shell out the extra bucks for a Glock for that price.

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'd check out the keltec forums, the first couple batches seemed to have lots of problems and to my knowledge they dont feed 147gr rounds. Since its too big for a pocket I'd probably look for something of a little higher quality.

6. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

I've known a few guys who carry Kel-tec, and their only complaints are with the stock triggers.

7. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Those are usually found (jammed) on top of the victim around here.
    /sprinkle some crack.

Glock.
    Reliable and Ugly.

8. Ukraine Train

Ukraine Train New Member

I handled a chrome slide model at the last show. They wanted $270+tax, which I'd say is a bit on the high side. The trigger is infinitely better than the P11. You definitely want one with a recent serial number. I think at ktog.org they have a very well organized post telling what serial number the big changes took place at. I ended up buying a Taurus PT111 instead of the PF9 because the PF9 grip just felt way too narrow to be comfortable. Sort of like grabbing a 1x4. The PT111 feels much better in my hand, though it is a bit bigger and heavier.