CAR What does OT think of the new GT500?

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>ABQ>SEA>CLT
I think there was like 1 thread, but I'm honestly surprised that no one on OT bought one (or at least I didn't see anyone who did)...

Thoughts on this 760hp beast of a Mustang?

(no I'm not considering buying one, I am just bored AF at the in-laws so, car threads)

y8vpga5zyni31.jpg

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
C8 kind of stole away any hype from the GT500. The upcoming Z06 or ZR1 will wipe the floor of the GT500. As it is the regular C8 is faster to 0-60 and almost the same quarter mile.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
I think there was like 1 thread, but I'm honestly surprised that no one on OT bought one (or at least I didn't see anyone who did)...

Thoughts on this 760hp beast of a Mustang?

(no I'm not considering buying one, I am just bored AF at the in-laws so, car threads)

y8vpga5zyni31.jpg
It's crazy how the subtle changes make the GT-500 the jorts-dork Mustang and the GT-350 remains cool sleeper track toy.

TS
TS
Perfect Speed

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>ABQ>SEA>CLT
Would rather have a hellcat tbqhwy
curious to hear why, jw
It's crazy how the subtle changes make the GT-500 the jorts-dork Mustang and the GT-350 remains cool sleeper track toy.
As a 350R owner, I always thought it was a bit shout-y for how few people have any clue what it is... But nice to hear this type of sentiment too.

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC

That's the word I was looking for: dorky. The wings, vents, strakes, splitters, stripes, carbon, paint, are all so over the top and it's just. . . really kinda dorky.

Reactions: black jesus

ssabripo

Aug 27, 2002
Ultras Sur™
I love the car, but the horror stories of the motor once you push it or track it, have kept me away from that...

But i dig it. For the price though, some tough choices out there, including @Formz 's nasty looking cocaine/fiber boat on wheels

• Love
Reactions: Formz
TS
TS
Perfect Speed

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>ABQ>SEA>CLT
I love the car, but the horror stories of the motor once you push it or track it, have kept me away from that...

Haven't heard this... thought the issues with the 5.2 were largely GEN1 Voodoo motors, haven't heard much about 19+ 350s (other than they have had a few failures, but seem to be nowhere near as bad as the 15-18 MY cars) or Predators (at all) - Details?

TS
TS
Perfect Speed

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>ABQ>SEA>CLT
It's inconceivable how well those cars drive on the track.

I couldn't find someone to let me test drive an R, and the non-R I drove - well I got to take 1 whole on-ramp to see how the steering/suspension was... So I took a leap of faith and bought an R that was reasonably priced enough that I figured I could sell it for what I paid for it if I didn't like it.

On the first ride, I drove it to the edge of my development at 20mph and then let it eat on the left-hander from the development to the main road and hung the ass out... As soon as I did I was like " Yeah, keeping this thing for quite some time " - It's truly a wonderful car. Definitely the best driving car for under $100k in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman