CAR What does OT think of this "barn find"? v.American Muscle

Gonefishin

Feb 3, 2006
68 Buick GS :cool:

Sitting in a barn for 15+ years. 81k original miles. Motor, drivetrain, etc all numbers matching. I know both owners (father/son) of the car. Was ordered brand new from local dealer.

Bottom of the panels are in pretty rough shape all the way around. The whole passenger side is basically junk from sitting next to that wall with windows busted out.

All chrome trim and badges are there. A bunch of it is removed and is inside the car.

I've been dieing for something to wrench on, but this is obviously a much greater project than just screwing around in the garage for a while.

It's got plenty of negatives, but quite a few nice things about it as well. Most importantly, I can get it for next to nothing...possibly nothing. I was hoping it was in at least a little better shape, but it is what it is.

and now for the carnage.....

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

031%20%28Medium%29.JPG

036%20%28Medium%29.JPG

034%20%28Medium%29.JPG

TS
TS
Gonefishin

Gonefishin

Feb 3, 2006
I've always wanted some old muscle, but never done anything near this much work. I'm torn...

TS
TS
Gonefishin

Gonefishin

Feb 3, 2006
with little to no initial investment, I could just nickel and dime it over the course of a few years. :rofl:

jeffersonB

Mar 13, 2004
Wiscompton
I love the 'rice' of the american 80s, when some kid likely drove that car and put a tach and a miniwheel on it

but forreal, awesome find

snow tires on a '68 buick :wtcd:

TS
TS
Gonefishin

Gonefishin

Feb 3, 2006
I love the 'rice' of the american 80s, when some kid likely drove that car and put a tach and a miniwheel on it

but forreal, awesome find

snow tires on a '68 buick :wtcd:

I was my uncle's daily driver in northern Illinois for his first few years out of high school

jeffersonB

Mar 13, 2004
Wiscompton
I would get it running top notch, make it fast as fuck, and blow the doors off people in my beat to shit looking buick on snow tires, but thats just me :embd:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan