FIT what else is the smith good for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbizzle

you smoke that shit?
May 31, 2003
MA
Until KIDRR's upper chest thread i thought it was worthless but it seems good for incline bench.

Mr. Pelham

Is there still hate on the smith? I'm not knocking it, if its used properly its one hell of a machine that can kick anyone's ass.

most use it to "pad numbers". 4 plates on most smiths isn't 405 more like 365 as the bar doesn't weigh anything and there is pully systems in some. I think thats why it got a bad wrap.

smith machine is great as long as you dont use it as your core foundation movements at the beginning of your training.

i use it for chest, tell me that with proper ROM and concentration after core chest movements when you hop on incline smith you dont BLITZ your fucking pecs. youll be lying. it has its place.

Ya, one thing I'll use it for is for incline press, fuckin stretches out ur pecs like whoa :bowdown:

Also use it for shrugs sometimes, and military press sometimes. Other than that not really though :dunno:

same here.

one more exercise ill use it for is one-legged squats, try those at the end of a workout :bowdown: :barf:

How do you do these?

same.:mamoru:

Tumbles

Oct 30, 2007
San Jose, CA
Have yet to try it, but I've heard reverse-grip close grip smith bench (that's a fucking mouthful) is really good for tris.

erok81

All your canyons are belong to me!!
Jul 2, 2003
Salt Lake City
I am going to use this on chest day and maybe shoulder day.

What ROM are you guys using for chest? I'd assume, using an incline, the ROM would be from your chest up 8 inches maybe? Just not locking out?

Rumbaar

Inherent Omniscience
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I use it for heavy heavy close grip to kick start the triceps. The added stability and fail-safe helps to go heavy and not worry about crushing your chest/throat when you fail.

Ribbie

OT Supporter
Sep 12, 2004
I use it for decline occasionally b/c that's the only way I can use a bar. I'll have to try out incline one day.

1 legged squats are serious on there

I see people use it for shrugs and calf raises too :rofl:

TS
TS
tbizzle

tbizzle

you smoke that shit?
May 31, 2003
MA
I use it for decline occasionally b/c that's the only way I can use a bar. I'll have to try out incline one day.

1 legged squats are serious on there

I see people use it for shrugs and calf raises too :rofl:

I know a few people on here that like them for shrugs, not including the people in this thread.

KIDRR

Duck dog>*
Nov 1, 2004
North Mexico
I use the smith for shrugs once in a great while. I like doing super sets with half front and half back but normally I just use an oly bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan