TECH What is THE best audio program to have right now...

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
I remember briefly using Winamp back in the day. Didn't really like it, went back to WMP. Is it any better now? Other than having custom skins, it was meh. I think most people use WMP, or iTunes if you have an iPod, amirite?

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Winamp is the only program that will sync with my Creative Zen. It's also the only music player that lets me tweak the codec settings on-the-fly.

If you haven't used version 5, you haven't used it recently enough to have a valid opinion about it anymore. It's a ground-up rewrite -- and actually, since v5.5 came out, the default skin is good enough that I haven't bothered to replace it.

popsnbeer

Jan 23, 2006
Arizona
Winamp is the only program that will sync with my Creative Zen. It's also the only music player that lets me tweak the codec settings on-the-fly.

If you haven't used version 5, you haven't used it recently enough to have a valid opinion about it anymore. It's a ground-up rewrite -- and actually, since v5.5 came out, the default skin is good enough that I haven't bothered to replace it.
i've got an old zen sleek photo that syncs up with WMP 10. Although I hate the program, it works, lol. I've got to go back to winamp!

nucklearknight

Sep 21, 2008
San Francisco, California
To me, Winamp was bleh.
I use WMP on my Eee Pc and iTunes on my Lenovo.
iTunes took a turn for the worse when they released the Genius thing in my opinion. I never used it and I occasionally accidentally click on it.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
What is the "genius thing"? I haven't updated in a few months.

pops, the firmware on the Zen is a little flaky. It plays fine, but when it syncs it crashes when I unplug it. Not a huge deal, because I don't sync very often, but Winamp is the only program that won't also make it crash when I plug it in. Kinda hard to copy shit to it when that happens.

CodeX

Winamp is the only player worth getting.

If you mean editing or something else thats another story.

Skankin'

We are Ginger. We do not forgive. We do not forget
Sep 3, 2007
I just use VLC to play everything. I use Itunes to sync my ipod.

I use Amarok on Ubuntu.

Overall Amarok > *

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448