LGBT What kind of discrimination have you faced?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dont Go Away, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Dont Go Away

Dont Go Away New Member

So, I have been thinking about all of the discriminations I hear about/read about/see on the news and stuff.

If you have faced discrimination:
    What happened? How old were you? Where did it happen? How did it effect you? What did you do to overcome it?

Also, if you haven't had to face any discrimination, I would like to know that also.

2. smurfette

smurfette New Member

3. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Does self-discrimination count?

As in not feeling free to be who you are out of fear?

As in knowing you're hiding from people part of yourself and feel horrible just because of that simple fact whenever you are trying to socialize?

As in feeling people know you're hiding something from them and you think they suspect there's something "wrong" about you because you can't really act as naturally as you could?

As in sometimes wishing I could lead a "normal" life, with a wife and children awaiting in the future?

If so, yes, I've faced it, and still do.

I'm just having a bad day. I do accept myself, or at least accept that this is what it is and no way around it. What kills me is that I know most of my family won't accept it. I know my grandparents and their minds set in the past, I know how some of my aunts and uncles are with this topic, and definitely, most of my cousins will find me disgusting. Not that most of that family is close to me nowadays, but still, they were a really important part of my childhood and it's not easy to know that you'll just be rejected by the very people who you thought loved you. But at least I can say I have my parents on my side.

Living in a small city doesn't help either. Though people here seems generally accepting, a lot of people around my age (...16, 17, 18, 19...) in my area aren't. Or at least that's what I suspect. One just has to hear certain comments.

But I think too much anyway. There are more important things and problems out there, I guess. And I always complain about the same stuff, and I'm getting old.

Other than that, I haven't had anything directed at me from other people. And I don't want to face it, as you can guess.

4. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

I've had a few guys say something when they see me walking down the street holding hands with some cute boy. But that ends pretty quickly when I either start running towards them or just stand there and glare while their friends do the smart thing and drag them off telling them to shut up.

After all the crap I've heard from other people, I wait for the day that someone tries to be a bastard. :rant:

I know some of us remember before Ellen's TV moment. The whole discrimination is an oddity, a rarity in todays western society. America is last on the acceptance bandwagon but we're getting there slowly.

5. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

the closest i have come is i was driving down the road at about 10PM one night with a guy I was dating laying on my shoulder/chest with my arm around him
    keep in mind it was 10PM dark and I had tinted windows
    a truck was in the lane next to me with 3 rednecks in it staring at me
    I sped up
    they matched my speed
    I punched it and they tried to floor it too, then i slammed on the brakes and turned when they were going fast enough
    (I was in 02 camaro they were in 89ish POS truck)
    at that point i started carrying around a hickory tire knocker with me in the car for my personal safety cuz that made me pretty nervous
    [​IMG]

6. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked OT Supporter

I havent faced any discrimination but Ive seen it a lot here at college...

At a party that me and my roommates had this gay kid showed up and was fine, then this kid I dont even know shows up and starts making friendly talk with the gay kid...somehow, the talk turned the wrong way and the kid calls the gay kid a fag..well me being gay, but in the closet, and somewhat more intimidating than the gay kid himself, decided I would stick up for him..surprisingly my roommates were behind me backing me up...I basically told the kid if he realized he just called a gay kid a "fag" and that its really offensive to call someone actually gay a fag...he claimed he didnt know the kid was gay which is bullshit because the kid was wearing make-up and went around saying he sucked dick :ugh2: So to make a long story short i made the straight kid cry and apologize to the gay kid :rofl:

7. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

lol gj
    i think some straight guys assume all gay guys are pushovers
    makes em worry a bit when they could get their butt handed to them by a gay guy...in front of their friends too :p

8. sholnay

sholnay Active Member

thats a good story lol.

btw - i suck dick.

9. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked OT Supporter

^but do you go around telling everyone you meet that you do? I know I dont....nothin wrong with suken a lil (or should that be big...) pen0r :naughty:

10. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

I think I've been pretty lucky. I haven't faced any discrimination that was noteworthy. :wiggle: We'll see what the future has in store for me.

11. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

Cause yer a big ole monster not some tiny little queen. I think thats another reason why I've never really faced discrimination either. At 6'1" and 210# I don't think most people would try and talk shit to either of us. :mamoru:

12. compu_85

compu_85 Woooo! 60HP!

He's not a monster, he's a big sweetie :kiss: :)

-Jason

13. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I've noticed us Closeters are kinda big guys... I think we could take on the main forum... Till Mussel68 showed up nude :rofl: ok enough drunken posting I be going to be bed

14. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Awh.

15. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

:rofl::rofl::rofl: they would get all sexy and we would be screwed :x: