GUN What kind of holster is this...

pereza

OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2004
Elk Grove
and where can I purchase one? The mag holders? Thanks.

edc1.jpg

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
I know these aren't exactly easy to make, but $90 for $3 in material and 20 minutes of work is fucking insane. :rofl:

I've made a couple just to try out kydex molding.

I'd gladly pay $90 to not have to make them. :o It takes a lot of practice to be able to whip them out in a reasonable amount of time.

oakback

Aug 25, 2008
N.FL
I've made a couple just to try out kydex molding.

I'd gladly pay $90 to not have to make them. :o It takes a lot of practice to be able to whip them out in a reasonable amount of time.

This might be for another thread, but what's so hard about it (legitimate question, not being a smartass)?

From what I've read, never tried it: you heat the kydex (or 2 sheets), and place it over the item sandwiched between to foam presses, then drill holes for rivets/screws, right? Which part causes difficulty, or is there more to it than I realize?

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
This might be for another thread, but what's so hard about it (legitimate question, not being a smartass)?

From what I've read, never tried it: you heat the kydex (or 2 sheets), and place it over the item sandwiched between to foam presses, then drill holes for rivets/screws, right? Which part causes difficulty, or is there more to it than I realize?

its a lot more tedious and you have to be much more meticulous than anyone fucking thinks (not to be a dick). Just trust me. I've dropped quite a bit of coin in my attempt to emulate the big names out there, and i've spent a lot more time and money than what I could have in just buying them already made.

But, as most things that people think are easy and aren't worth the money, more people will give it a shot and realize the same thing most of us said to them (and don't listen to) in the first place.

BLH

Jan 15, 2006
KS
I've gotten some Kydex and played around with it, its not as easy as one would think.

Rip The Jacker

Jul 24, 2002
It doesnt take alot of money, my setup was around $100 including the kydex and it was enough for 3 holsters and a bunch of mag carriers. It just takes a bit of time and patience.

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001

if you search my posts for kydex mentions, you should find a semi-guide post i made a couple years ago.

That's roughly the process, yes. Deciding on positioning and shape takes time, as does drilling and final molding.

I don't mean to make it sound like its totally not worth doing, but having done it a few times now, and balanced against common pricing of retail sources, I only plan on rolling my own for odd stuff that can't be gotten elsewhere. For a run of the mill holster, I don't enjoy doing it enough and the savings aren't worth my time.

Rip The Jacker

Jul 24, 2002
If you only need a holster or two and have time just buy them. For me, I want a few different holsters (4 so far) and the ability to make one in a day or so rather than wait a few months.

phoenixTX

Sep 10, 2004
Dallas and OKC
I was thinking of getting a raven concealment for my sig p226. Which holster and accessories should i get to have a owb and iwb option?

The basic phantom holster is going to already have belt loops for OWB. You will just need to select what type of IWB loops you need (j-hooks, c-hooks, soft loops, tuckable soft loops, etc...) and add them to the order.

You might also look at Atomic Dog. About the same wait time as Raven, maybe less, but the price is cheaper by about $20. I have an Atomic Dog holster and mag carrier for my Sig P228 with standard OWB loops and tuckable c-hooks for IWB

If you decide you don't need both carry options in the same holster, then you should look at Peters Custom Holsters for their IWB Hold Fast since it's only $55 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec