What new habits have you developed this year?

2000GT

Jan 21, 2001
Since March I’ve found myself much more deliberate with a few things in my free time outside of work and daily exercise. I sense these things will continue after the pandemic lifts.

- Daily walks are now a staple. Every morning my wife and I make coffee and walk 3km around our neighborhood. We often walk at night too before bed or I’ll go solo and listen to a podcast at night.

- I’m more interested in economics and investing. Typically read morning brew and peruse Bloomberg when I wake up. I tend to read the news more and spend way too much time going through comments and news articles on Webull.

- I’ve also begun watching tv a few nights a week. I’m not sure why, but I feel bad about it. I find a series and tend to watch an episode or two after going for walks or before bed.

MWHC22

Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor
May 10, 2001
Wisconsin/Utah
pretty much cook every meal i eat rather than going out :dunno:
i generally cooked more meals than the average person before 2020 but now im lucky if i get take out once a week and i don't crave going out to eat at all.
it takes more time to cook everything but im also not driving everywhere 5-6 days a week so it evened out

Reactions: kitty and majesty

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Jew Space Laser Control Center
Grocery store @ 830pm on Sunday nights - less people, usually the same selection, so less stressful overall
Perfect a recipe every month - Every month I pick a new recipe to work on that we'd have usually gone out for, and I perfect it. Examples: Fajita beef (marinade is a mix of lime, lemon, orange juice, all fresh squeezed, with garlic and a blend of spices on outside skirt steak), steaks (1.5" ribeyes dry aged with salt and garlic and perfection), cajun chicken pasta, beef stew, etc.)
Less Starbucks arnold palmers, more water - self explanatory

Things we're starting in 2021:

Walks once a day w/ the dogs, probably in the evenings
Rowing for 10 minutes twice a day, morning and evening (probably after the walks)
Adjusting for food allergies - wife did an allergy test and she's sensitive to a few things that are essentially her entire diet :rofl: Explains why she coughs/sinuses run/sneezes after/during eating certain things though
Monthly house projects - picking a room and decorating/organizing it on a set budget
Financial Advisor - getting one to lay out a plan for us to hit a few goals, basically just a second opinion at this point but we're changing some goals up for some fairly substantial things and figured we may as well drop some cash on some professional advice
Working Remotely - wife is starting a 100% remote job next week, and my current job isn't slated to go back in basically ever, so we could possibly work remotely. I'm about to apply for a job where I *may* have to go in though, which is a real :down: but it'll be a nice bump in pay/power/etc.
Golf Club Membership - working on finding a golf club to go be a member at so I can get in at least 2 rounds a week by myself :o
Daily Lunch Hour Naps - Totally stealing this for my list. I need to start doing this more frequently.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Dick Dale

Martha Stewart candy fuchsia on the sewage Buick
Oct 12, 2020
started taking high doses of vitamin d. might as well be shooting my ass up with testosterone. game changer.

• Dislike
Reactions: Simius The Monkey

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Grocery store @ 830pm on Sunday nights - less people, usually the same selection, so less stressful overall
Perfect a recipe every month - Every month I pick a new recipe to work on that we'd have usually gone out for, and I perfect it. Examples: Fajita beef (marinade is a mix of lime, lemon, orange juice, all fresh squeezed, with garlic and a blend of spices on outside skirt steak), steaks (1.5" ribeyes dry aged with salt and garlic and perfection), cajun chicken pasta, beef stew, etc.)
Less Starbucks arnold palmers, more water - self explanatory

Things we're starting in 2021:

Walks once a day w/ the dogs, probably in the evenings
Rowing for 10 minutes twice a day, morning and evening (probably after the walks)
Adjusting for food allergies - wife did an allergy test and she's sensitive to a few things that are essentially her entire diet :rofl: Explains why she coughs/sinuses run/sneezes after/during eating certain things though
Monthly house projects - picking a room and decorating/organizing it on a set budget
Financial Advisor - getting one to lay out a plan for us to hit a few goals, basically just a second opinion at this point but we're changing some goals up for some fairly substantial things and figured we may as well drop some cash on some professional advice
Working Remotely - wife is starting a 100% remote job next week, and my current job isn't slated to go back in basically ever, so we could possibly work remotely. I'm about to apply for a job where I *may* have to go in though, which is a real :down: but it'll be a nice bump in pay/power/etc.
Golf Club Membership - working on finding a golf club to go be a member at so I can get in at least 2 rounds a week by myself :o
Daily Lunch Hour Naps - Totally stealing this for my list. I need to start doing this more frequently.
Wait why aren't you walking your dogs this year

Reactions: Nikuk and Smahatma

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor