What security system do you have at home?

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Not really a proper security system but smart things in combo with nest cams.

Doors and windows turn the bedroom lights to 100% if opened after a set time each night.

Reactions: Slider and phonics

Murray

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
50.6071° S, 165.9726° E
Door locks and just installed some cameras over the weekend. Neighborhood isn't really a prime spot for crime as there's only one way in/out unless you wanna swim away from the scene.

edit: and dogs too

edit 2: benelli nova

Last edited:

FlyNReeLow

Elite Member #200
Mar 14, 2000
Central Coast, CALI
vivint -- total rip off

ADT -- shit show, terrible customer service and installers

Simplisafe --- DIY, been around the longest of other DIYs..... very similar to Ring DIY.

ring -- DIY, $200 a year with monitoring. So yes, they will call the police when you cant find your purse at night.

Eufy -- DIY, new to the game. Also has professional monitoring starting at 99 a year.

Last edited:

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
i think for most people any systems from sams costco will work just fine (camera system that is).

i'm recommending those systems or UNV (uniview) NVRs and cameras from nelly's security for those that i know that are more tech savvy.

i'm not saying that's the best system, but it seems to be the best, overall, for people that may want something more than costco/sams. anything else is too complicated for them/too many questions/etc.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

Grape_Ape

Sep 1, 2003
The A
At my old house I also had the google alarm which I actually liked for simplicity knowing it was just there to make enough noise so the mastiff and them bullets could go to work. Of course in typical google fashion they discontinued it. At the new house I’m just going to put up cameras. :dunno:

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
anchorman-the-legend-of-ron-burgundy.gif

Scroder

OT Supporter
Mar 3, 2007
Oregon
5 ring cameras with security system, smoke/gas detectors, and home monitoring. Going on 4 years old now without a hiccup.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost