GAME What site do you guys trust for video game reviews?

Dogz

interior crocodile moderator
Feb 15, 2005
Selling England by the pound
I stopped using IGN a long time ago. I have a feeling theyre heavily swayed by "donations"

Now I dont really read any reviews.....I'll just see what people in the GP are saying about a title.

dimmy32

Oct 6, 2010
I dont trust reviews anymore.
Too often the reviewer has been "swayed" by the gaming company, often provided with the best hardware to play the game on, and who knows what else.

I'll watch a few gameplay videos , sometimes I'll download the "try before you buy" version.
When I look back at all the funnest games I've owned vs. the "reviewer's score", I find no correlation whatsoever.

I guess if I had to pick - I go with GT tv.

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
Since I pretty much have the best taste in things...let me recommend Eurogamer to you niggas. They are completely impartial in their reviews and are always solid.

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
joystiq. I listen to their podcast, so i get their general taste/ point of view, which pretty much lines up with mine, so i trust their reviews.

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
ign fucking blows, they hopped on the video review train late and still havent adapted to it, they are very abbreviated, done by scores of different reviewers, some better than others, and each of them sounds incredibly rushed trying to summarize what is essentially cliffnotes of the written review

fucking horrendous

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
I stopped using IGN a long time ago. I have a feeling theyre heavily swayed by "donations"

Now I dont really read any reviews.....I'll just see what people in the GP are saying about a title.
Honestly, it probably has more to do with their partnership with Gamestop than anything.

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
Side note, i just unsubscribed from 1Up.com.

i loved the 1up show, but it's gone.

their stories are chopped into 3 to 8 pages, which is just obnoxious.

dimmy32

Oct 6, 2010
eurogamer, gameinformer

i enjoy gametrailers reviews also, but more so for the production quality than the actual score

dont trust anything european, but Game trailers is fun to watch, specially in HD !

3dfx!

Oct 8, 2009
I compare reviews across different sites. Reviews are just opinions, so I rather get a general idea from several sources.

1up
IGN
Kotaku
Gametrailers
Joystiq
OT

Lunacriss

it took so long to remember just what happened
Aug 12, 2004
Northern NJ
gamerankings.com is a good site that tabulates different reviews and gives an overall score

sort of like the rottentomatoes of video games

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19