GAME What SOCOM used to be...

forgotmyname

Jul 18, 2007
Game was actually laughably bad. It was only good because it was the only online game made for PS2. Rainbow Six 3 was much much better.

SOCOM 4 is actually a good shooter.

DinanE36

May 15, 2011
Heh, I loved that game. Played with the OT guys way back when lol. I was bummed the 5th one ended up tanking Exxon style. Haven't played the current one though...is it any good?

Clancer

Aug 3, 2005
Seattle
I bought this game slightly after its peak and was really excited to play.

After about 2 hours of online I realized the game was fucking horrible and went back to Counter Strike. Never played it again.

Oh Its Joe

Aug 17, 2008
brighton
Socom 1 & 2 were amazing but the thing that I think seperated it from a lot of shooters at the time and many xbox live titles were the lobbies. I wasnt really into PC gaming aside from Starcraft at the time and didnt really get into until Call of Duty 1 around socom 2 i think. But it was great knowing where all your friends and enemies playing. Thats the one thing I hate about xbox live and newer games is the match making. It is nearly impossible to build a community since everyone is in and out of their games. REPPING HANGUK!

TS
TS
Shalashaska

Shalashaska

Neither Enemy Nor Friend
Mar 9, 2009
La Li Lu Le Lo
I bought this game slightly after its peak and was really excited to play.

After about 2 hours of online I realized the game was fucking horrible and went back to Counter Strike. Never played it again.

it was a completely different game. u obviously had a closed mind, it was all about ur tactics and outsmarting and having the skills and using the environments for advantages/disadvantage. if u were in a clan. its incomparable to any other online games out there. srs.

TS
TS
Shalashaska

Shalashaska

Neither Enemy Nor Friend
Mar 9, 2009
La Li Lu Le Lo
however that being said, socom 4 does have potential to be a really damn good game. i like it now...kinda. abandoned is just fucking beautiful. and notice how abandoned map beats the crap out of any socom 4 maps. imagine blizzard, ruins, foxhunt, sandstorm, fishhook, desert glory...etc. just wow.

just needs alot of patches/tweaks/remade maps from previous socom and adding the modes, demo. etc. more characters for the snow/desert maps.

now if they added the climb, jump climb with smoother animations like uncharted but better, more elite looking. damn.

and i wish socom 4's presentation wasnt so crappy i mean the menus are horrible and needs work. it looks like an amateur did that for a peek view of the beta.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan