What were you doing this time a year ago before the shit hit the fan?

NSX

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
la la land
January 2020 I was going on road trips and doing something outdoors every weekend without a mask. And in the background, I hear some noise about some virus spreading in China. Didn't really give a shit about it. :dunno:

Reactions: Muddy Waters

TrenT

OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
NYC
Starting to work on an interactive MR (mixed reality) experience for the olympics, had several trips to japan planned :wtc:

• Sad
Reactions: Genius/GZA

Sam Gamgee

Every tool is weapon if you hold it right.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Western MA
I think I was watching pirated videos on OT of Chinese people dying on the streets and wondering what the hell was happening in China and hoping they'd get it under control before it ended up in neighboring countries.

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
signed lease for my apartment after splitting from my (now) ex-wife.

i assume you meant specifically on this date in 2020.

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
I don't think I was doing anything in January/Feb last year. I do remember my friend in China/Hong Kong was giving me first hand counts of shit going on with the China Virus.

phatπŸ„

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
a year ago i was about to go to Hawaii, then spend 3 weeks in Hong Kong/China for work.

my parents were telling me not to go to Asia

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Probably working but in the office instead of from home, more than likely there would have been a bbq/house party with friends this weekend.

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
I had started stacking up on masks and more TP, bottled water and canned food.

Everyone was ragging on me in my family - as they know I'm already a nutjob but I was taking it to the next level.

Even MDs and RNs in my family were laughing....

TS
TS
NSX

NSX

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
la la land
I had started stacking up on masks and more TP, bottled water and canned food.

Everyone was ragging on me in my family - as they know I'm already a nutjob but I was taking it to the next level.

Even MDs and RNs in my family were laughing....

If I'm being honest, I would've laughed at you too. :o

Reactions: Pogi

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
Wife and I went to Disney Feb of last year. That was it... Then the kids went on spring break, and BOOM.... Life over.

Samcanadian

Cellular, Modular, Interactivodular
OT Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
We were in Hawaii for two weeks, acting like this wasn't a huge deal because there were no cases there or back in Winnipeg to speak of. As soon as we got home, our PM called for everyone to return to Canada that Sunday.

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
Exactly today, I was having lunch at my favorite restaurant in Santa Monica after I just signed a lease on my new retail space on 3rd street, joking with my friend that I’ll never go back to my warehouse again

Aviv

Feb 8, 2002
OC
Same thing. Sitting at my desk at home, working, browsing OT. Except I lived in Ohio.

.chris

William Taylor was a brisk young sailor
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
Getting ready to go to an annual business trip to plan for the year. That nuked shortly after and I’m surprised I kept my job.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman