What will I need to replace and rebuild a 79 ford 351w

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guest, Dec 11, 2001.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    This spring I'm going to get the engine in My 79 ford Bronco rebuilt and I want to upgrade the various components of the engine. Now I don't know a whole lot about engines but I know the basics. But I'm just wondering what new parts I am going to need, I want to put new valve covers on and a new intake manifold, also new air filter, possibly a new carb, but what else will I need for a good rebuild such as pistons etc. which is what I know very little about. I'm just wondering so I can buy parts online then only pay labor to get it rebuilt. What do you recomend? Thanks
  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    If the engine is stock it is a 351 M , not a 351 W !!!! and if you were smart you would just bolt in a 460 !!!
  3. BroncoBabe

    BroncoBabe Guest

    Big Block Big Broncos

    He's right...its probably a 351M.

    I have a 78 Bronco, and in a few months it'll have a 429. :)

    Check out Project Bronco for '78-'79 Bronco stuff, there's a good message board there, and My Big Bronco for '78-'96 big Bronco stuff, again, a good message board.

    '78 Bronco Ranger XLT
    '89 Bronco XLT

Share This Page