GUN Whats a fun .22lr handgun to shoot??

AF Rugby

Gun in my mouth, I pray for the sunshine
Mar 15, 2000
New Haven,CT
wanna get something cheap and fun to shoot.. looking to learn how to be a good shooter and maybe get into some plate shooting.. indoors only.. would like to keep it affordable..

J_75

Oct 1, 2003
You can get a new Ruger Mark III for under $300 if you look around....fun, reliable, easy/cheap to modify, lots of accessories if you are into that down the line

J_75

Oct 1, 2003
If you want something that looks/feels more like a modern auto, is a little more expensive and less reliable you could try a Walther P22

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
If you want something that looks/feels more like a modern auto, is a little more expensive and less reliable you could try a Walther P22

And like broekn slides and jam

Just get a buckmark

HSTexan

Feb 25, 2008
MS
I have a Ruger MKII Target....thing shoots ridiculously accurate and is enjoyable...only PITA is the takedown for cleaning

Babaganoosh

Ruger Standard owner :wavey:

I rarely shoot it, but when we go down to the range area at the house, i always keep it on my side.

Babaganoosh

and out of all the .22 pistols i've shot, it's the most accurate. my roommate got a mosquito and that thing stovepipes EVERY shot.

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
s&w 15-22P :rofl:

sw_mp15-22p_01.jpg

TQ

Sep 20, 2002
Kansas City, MO
I wish they'd come out with a 22lr kit for the M&P. :x:

I may pick up a Ruger MKIII if it doesn't happen this summer.

UnaBomber

OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC

i have the fullsize M&P 15-22 and love it. I paid just a little more than the cost of a conversion kit for a normal AR

HSTexan

Feb 25, 2008
MS

I thought at Shot Show they debuted an M&P22...same controls and feel as the normal M&Ps

UnaBomber

OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
opinions on how it shoots, any FTF or FTE issues, etc?

i get a FTE every 1000 rounds or so. I shoot it dirty as hell so i blame that. Ive gone thousands of rounds between cleanings of it and it shoots any .22 without trouble for the most part. I did not more FTE's with sub sonic ammo and my gemtech suppressor on it but thats not surprsising at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor