TECH What's a good company to hire for website design?

Soren

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
We're a medical device technology company. Just need a simple 5 page website that is aesthically pleasant. We have an awesome logo and color theme for you to work with, as well as all the content that needs to go onto the site. It should also integrate with our facebook/twitter page.

Major Tom

Mar 10, 2003
England
I occasionally have to back down and let a client ruin their website, but when that happens, I never show anyone the site :o

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
It's your job to tell your client that they're wrong. :dunno:

If you request an anti-fungal medication to treat a viral infection, should your doctor be like, "Welp, that's what the patient requested. SQUINT!!" I should certainly like to think not. He is a professional. You are paying him specifically for that purpose. Now, if you have a preference as far as anti-virals go, or if you're allergic to one, then you get to have a say, but otherwise, no.

So to translate into web development, your client is paying you to be a professional. They are paying for your opinion, your advise, your knowledge, etcetera. If they are making a shitty design decision because they have no education in design, then you need to know how to tell them that (and doing it with a bit of tact would probably be in your best interest). And if they don't respect your opinion enough to accept that, then they're not treating you in a professional manner and you need to tell them to fuck off, just like your doctor would tell you to fuck off if you kept insisting on asking him to prescribe to you the wrong medication.

At the very least, I wouldn't be showcasing the work if the client pushed through some shitty design calls against my professional judgment.
I just had a talk with a client about this too, they did not want to listen about a brochure design and website design, he is like you are my employee, nothing more, you do what I say, so I called him out on the matter with a bit of tact and we had a nice discussion and it ended with him apologizing and telling me he will listen to the advice I offer while I design and it has been better since we had the discussion

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
I occasionally have to back down and let a client ruin their website, but when that happens, I never show anyone the site :o
I have a website like that a customer edited after I finished it, he added flashing text and crazy rollover shit that looks like shit, it is one I never show anyone or claim that I did :rofl:

TrenT

OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
NYC
I have a website like that a customer edited after I finished it, he added flashing text and crazy rollover shit that looks like shit, it is one I never show anyone or claim that I did :rofl:

I really wish that French hag would stop emailing me about deadlines. I have absolutely no interest in working with her after hearing what you had to say :rofl:

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
I really wish that French hag would stop emailing me about deadlines. I have absolutely no interest in working with her after hearing what you had to say :rofl:
I don't want to air dirty laundry about her on here, so I sent you a pm, but she has no idea what a deadline is :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448