Whats a good skateboard brand?

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
Go to a local skateboard shop, buy a complete and be done with it.

Good friend owns a skateboard shop here in st. Louis for the past 20 years. I don't skateboard so can't tell you brands but a local shop will be good to you in sure.

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
has been around for decades now and their own CCS-branded skateboards are just as high quality as any other brand just without the flashy artwork :dunno:

This. CCS doesn't sell crap. Put together a complete board for ~$150 and be happy that you didn't get duped into some off-brand box store junk.
I also bought my daughter a blank deck from https://brailleskateboarding.com/ recently and it's good quality.

Reactions: Ebtek

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
Go to a local skateboard shop, buy a complete and be done with it.

Good friend owns a skateboard shop here in st. Louis for the past 20 years. I don't skateboard so can't tell you brands but a local shop will be good to you in sure.
Yes and no. I went to a local shop to buy new wheels and bearings a month ago and they had shit for selection and the price was 2x of that online. I still bought them because I wanted to support a local place, but I didn't leave feeling like I got what I wanted.

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
Yes and no. I went to a local shop to buy new wheels and bearings a month ago and they had shit for selection and the price was 2x of that online. I still bought them because I wanted to support a local place, but I didn't leave feeling like I got what I wanted.

That sucks, I know covid did a number on hardgoods.

I know there are shit places that are in it just for money. My friend skates and owns the shop so he kind of only sells stuff he is comfortable selling. I know bones bearings are good. That's about it and I think powell blanks and jessup grip tape. But I have never skated a day in my life.

I did try and grip a board one time that was funny.

Cesium

OT Supporter
Nov 25, 2004
Colorado
That sucks, I know covid did a number on hardgoods.

I know there are shit places that are in it just for money. My friend skates and owns the shop so he kind of only sells stuff he is comfortable selling. I know bones bearings are good. That's about it and I think powell blanks and jessup grip tape. But I have never skated a day in my life.
I would love to support your friend's shop. I guess things have changed in the last ~15 years and there are no true "local" skate shops in the Denver area any more. I can't blame them, I guess.

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
I would love to support your friend's shop. I guess things have changed in the last ~15 years and there are no true "local" skate shops in the Denver area any more. I can't blame them, I guess.

Snet you a PM. May not help since he doesn't ship hardgoods.

I would say he is a rare breed good dude and while he has to make money he knows online shopping can kill him and those mall "vans" stores. He has a good local following that keeps him in business.

Reactions: Cesium

ashzero

Mar 16, 2000
Eternal Bliss
If you're building your own-
Trucks, Baseplate, Hardware: Independent
Bearings: Bones Super Reds
Wheels: Bones 99A 52MM
Grip Tape: Mob
Deck: 8"-8.25"
Tool: Silver Ratcheted skate tool

If you're getting a complete board, something from ccs or skate warehouse for $100-135

The Killing Floor makes some really cool decks, but sell out quick

rd_Killing_Floor_PSYCHOSIUM_1.jpg

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
If you're building your own-
Trucks, Baseplate, Hardware: Independent
Bearings: Bones Super Reds
Wheels: Bones 99A 52MM
Grip Tape: Mob
Deck: 8"-8.25"
Tool: Silver Ratcheted skate tool

If you're getting a complete board, something from ccs or skate warehouse for $100-135

The Killing Floor makes some really cool decks, but sell out quick

rd_Killing_Floor_PSYCHOSIUM_1.jpg
dope

Reactions: ashzero

NoOneYouKnow

Mar 24, 2016
The house that hate built.

Ya the skateshop I grew up with went out business many years ago. Shit was sad. It was the same dudes for close to 15 years. They were just too honest to survive. I'd try to pay them for shit like waxing my board and they'd refuse. They'd let all the kids hang out there and watch skate videos growing up. A remnant of a time gone by.

wizurd

OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
My daughter in the skateshop. When I told her we were going there she asked "do girls skateboard?" My reply was "yes, I bet there will be some pink or purple boards there" so this is her looking for "girly" skateboards.

Pre covid ...

20200120-161357.jpg

Way to start with the gender roles. Girls can't ride any other color skateboard? :ugh2:

• Haha
Reactions: Mammoth

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
FYI skate shops have been having busier months than a typical holiday season nearly every month since March. There’s still a worldwide skateboard shortage.

and motherfuck ccs. It’s not the same ccs we grew up with. I do business with them but damn please support your local shop. It’s nearly impossible to have a profitable small skate shop, so help them out

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6