What's a good way to mount my phone mount in my car?

Junkie

re-tarded
OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Santa Clara, CA
I've tried the ones that clip to HVAC vents, they suck.
I've tried the ones that suction cup to windshield, they suck.

are there adhesive mounts that are worth a damn, to stick to the dash? or do I need to drill holes? I can certainly remove shit to make sure I don't drill into anything/get access from the back.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
before i cared about wireless charging, the scosche magnet mounts were fantastic

TS
TS
Junkie

Junkie

re-tarded
OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Santa Clara, CA
it's an 09 Camry and already fairly ugly - it got rear ended/totaled, I fixed a few things, a tree fell on it, someone backed into the rear passenger door caving it in, I replaced the door... but there's a reason I don't mind drilling a couple holes in the dash if it'll work

and the phone mounts I use for wireless charging have the normal female receptacle for a ball on the back

• Haha
Reactions: xioix

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
it's an 09 Camry and already fairly ugly - it got rear ended/totaled, I fixed a few things, a tree fell on it, someone backed into the rear passenger door caving it in, I replaced the door... but there's a reason I don't mind drilling a couple holes in the dash if it'll work

and the phone mounts I use for wireless charging have the normal female receptacle for a ball on the back
what is your life :rofl:

TS
TS
Junkie

Junkie

re-tarded
OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Santa Clara, CA
what is your life :rofl:
rear ended/totaled was before it was mine :o was my grandparents and I talked them into buying it back from insurance (for a grand, with 80k on it a few years ago) and giving it to me

tree and backed into were both this year. it wasn't windy when the tree fell on it. I was in the back seat as a friend was waiting to turn left (across 2 lanes of traffic) into his driveway when his property manager backed out across said 2 lanes of traffic straight into him, despite a few seconds of horn before impact.

1605026840851.png

1605026858599.png

1605026792217.png

TS
TS
Junkie

Junkie

re-tarded
OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Santa Clara, CA
"new" door isn't perfect nor is it a perfect paint match but it no longer jumps out at you as you drive down the street and it was cheap. dent in the roof above the door is from the tree.

1605027153979.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448