What's the best lawnmower for an average lawn?

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
Just bought a house but have been renting apartments/townhome for over 20 years so haven't kept up with lawnmower tech in many decades. What's a good mower to do this with, a Honda HRN? the lawn is probably only around 10k square feet but we'll probably plant grass this fall so it could get up to 20k+ feet next year.

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I do 13k sq with mine, most of it not level and it’s fine. If I had 20k and it was level I’d definitely consider at least a rider

• Sad
Reactions: Fordgasm

warped

pearl jam > *
OT Supporter
May 17, 2004
Minnesnowta
SlimQuaintFluke-size_restricted.gif

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I'm going on 7 years with mine and it's just been rock solid
Yea I was a lil worried about the deck rusting out on mine but it stays outside semi covered and it’s still in damn good shape.

Need some new drive wheels doe. Fuckers are slick as shit now 😂

Rusty Shackleford

luey its time for your anal pills
OT Supporter
Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis
I have a HRN and have for 5+ years. You change the oil once and your “good for life”.

It starts in 2-3 pulls after sitting all winter.

The 160 motor it has is plenty strong and it mulches great.

People here are going electric but damn that Honda just runs and runs

Change the oil once for life? Have you poured the oil out and looked at the metal shavings? Lol

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
I bought a Toro 140cc 9 years ago when we got our first house. Barely maintained it at all and it still runs and does the job for our 8000 sq ft

sams0n

$
Oct 7, 2004
Daly City, CA
i bought the cheapest honda mower a couple months ago for $469, now it's up to $549. At the time I researched mowers it was considered the best value but i dunno now with the price jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971