What's the best lawnmower for an average lawn?

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
No issues with my Worx 20" this being the 3rd season. I got the non-self propelled version, but it's so light it doesn't really matter.

atxmike

This is my custom title
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2007
Bay Area, CA
No complaints about my Ryobi 40v 20", also use their 40v trimmer and leaf blower. Love how quiet it is and not needing to keep gas around, worry about engine maint. You could probably do fine with 2 batteries but 3 would ensure you never get caught waiting on a recharge.

CRaiNK

ЧЕМПИОН
Feb 9, 2001
Vancouver-Moskva
I have a HRN and have for 5+ years. You change the oil once and your “good for life”.

It starts in 2-3 pulls after sitting all winter.

The 160 motor it has is plenty strong and it mulches great.

People here are going electric but damn that Honda just runs and runs
This is true, ♥ HRN.

Razzbuten

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Plano, TX
If you are a buy once cry once person, Honda or Toro. Spark plug once every 2 to 3 and put stabilizer on your gas (drain gas and run carb dry in winter) it will start first pull forever.

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
CJAX58Bl.jpg

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Lol worried about "maintenance" on a gas mower. Ya'll doing alignments, adjusting valve lash, or timing belts on them or something?
True. Literally besides changing the oil once I haven’t done shit to mine in 5 years.

I’ll change the plug and air filter soon doe

Reactions: Shep762

WhiteLightning

Be Excellent to each other.
Sep 12, 2001
Northeast
People saying Honda may be right but I’m poor so my vast experience of being poor has led me to buying Briggs and Stratton engines on whatever the hell body it comes on (Chinese prob). Usually the big stores have one or two of these. Fuck self-propelled. That shit gets weak or dies and becomes a dead weight.

Light American engine on light anything body = poor man win

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
People saying Honda may be right but I’m poor so my vast experience of being poor has led me to buying Briggs and Stratton engines on whatever the hell body it comes on (Chinese prob). Usually the big stores have one or two of these. Fuck self-propelled. That shit gets weak or dies and becomes a dead weight.

Light American engine on light anything body = poor man win
Think about it this way…….. sure you pay twice as much, or whatever, but it lasts easily twice as long, runs better, less maintenance, and less pain.

Save up. It’s definitely worth it, just like buying nice tools

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529