What's the best lawnmower for an average lawn?

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
When my products were still under warranty, EGO was *okay* about handling the claims - you have to register everything online, which includes the serial number of the tool, the serial of the battery, and the serial of the charger that came with the kit. If you provide them anything that's incorrect or doesn't match up, they'll either engage you in a multi-week email thread that requires constant babysitting to get a resolution, or deny your claim altogether.

I did my best registering products, but when you own 6-7 different tools, each which came with one or two batteries and a charger, it's hard to keep track of what came with what, and they use that as a basis to deny claims. I even had 2x 2.5 ah batteries that they replaced under warranty, are now failing (orange blinking lights and not providing power), and they state that because they were already warrantied once, they're ineligible since the initial battery warranty has lapsed.

I honestly just wish I went with Milwaukee or Makita since I already had a bunch of their batteries. I regret being an advocate for EGO for as many years as I was, and I honestly feel guilty for talking my friends into buying their mowers and yard tools.

At $200-$500+ to replace each of the batteries, it feels fucking insane to try and prolong the life of these tools. I could spend less and switch everything over to a different brand.

TS
TS
zizi

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
My backyard is literately a swamp atm as it's rained so much in Virginia today. Had 2 giant branches fall. Giant as each is the size of a medium tree.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
When my products were still under warranty, EGO was *okay* about handling the claims - you have to register everything online, which includes the serial number of the tool, the serial of the battery, and the serial of the charger that came with the kit. If you provide them anything that's incorrect or doesn't match up, they'll either engage you in a multi-week email thread that requires constant babysitting to get a resolution, or deny your claim altogether.

I did my best registering products, but when you own 6-7 different tools, each which came with one or two batteries and a charger, it's hard to keep track of what came with what, and they use that as a basis to deny claims. I even had 2x 2.5 ah batteries that they replaced under warranty, are now failing (orange blinking lights and not providing power), and they state that because they were already warrantied once, they're ineligible since the initial battery warranty has lapsed.

I honestly just wish I went with Milwaukee or Makita since I already had a bunch of their batteries. I regret being an advocate for EGO for as many years as I was, and I honestly feel guilty for talking my friends into buying their mowers and yard tools.

At $200-$500+ to replace each of the batteries, it feels fucking insane to try and prolong the life of these tools. I could spend less and switch everything over to a different brand.
Ooof

Fuck

Reactions: Capt. Hammer

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
I was a die hard EGO fanboy for years and now that all of my batteries have started failing just months out of warranty, I’m never buying their shit again. It’s good quality but fuck dealing with dying batteries. I went from 2x 7.5ah, 4x 5ah, and 6x 2.5ah batteries down to 1x 5ah and 3x 2.5’s in the past three months. Everything is dying almost exactly two months out of the warranty period and support is telling me I’m SOL.

I’m about to be stuck with a lawnmower, backpack blower, weed eater, edger, handheld blower, hedge trimmer, and two chainsaws that I can’t use.

Fuck Ego.

And this is why I’m not ready to switch lol

Reactions: Capt. Hammer

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Just cut the front lawn at my new house for the first time. God I love my grass here. Not thick at all. Didn't really need to cut, but 2/3 neighbors just cut and didn't want to be last to cut. My Worx mower usually would be on 2/5 pips by the time I was done with my old front lawn because it's so thick but only 1/4th of the size of the new front lawn.

But the new front lawn my battery was at 3/5 and 3x bigger. :bowrofl:

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
I was a die hard EGO fanboy for years and now that all of my batteries have started failing just months out of warranty, I’m never buying their shit again. It’s good quality but fuck dealing with dying batteries. I went from 2x 7.5ah, 4x 5ah, and 6x 2.5ah batteries down to 1x 5ah and 3x 2.5’s in the past three months. Everything is dying almost exactly two months out of the warranty period and support is telling me I’m SOL.

I’m about to be stuck with a lawnmower, backpack blower, weed eater, edger, handheld blower, hedge trimmer, and two chainsaws that I can’t use.

Fuck Ego.

Damn. How old were they? I'm into my second season with most of my stuff, and *fingers crossed* no failures so far.

Were there warning signs of them going bad? Did you reach out to EGO to see if they'd help you out with a replacement or heavy discount?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vernenbailleu