What's the hotness in hotel booking these days? And any tips during COVID?

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
I need to book a night in Richmond this upcoming Friday night. I'm a little nervous about staying in a hotel during a pandemic, not knowing who has been in that room, but my brother is a nurse and just got back from a christmas party with his pyramid scheme business so I don't want to crash at his place.

Also dont want to crash with my parents and risk them getting anything.

SO, what's the best site? Is Priceline still the goat?

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
Really? Just book the hotel. All the sites and direct will be about the same price.
Don't stay at a dump and they probably do enough cleaning and sheet washing that whatever you are thinking about won't matter.

Reactions: KingGargantuan

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
I've stayed at 4 or 5 hotels since March, no problems at all. Most common thing is breakfast options are pre-packaged and the pool/gym is closed.

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
My ex used to run hotels so I know a good bit about all of the shit they deal with. The worst thing you can do is order through a third party

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
:rofl: ive had some not match the online price. so i sit in the lobby and book it. :dunno:

One of the 'out there' ones is when some how like priceline over books them and they ship the customer off to a 7 diamond instead

Edit: wait fuck. no refunds for price line, you deal with them on your own. If the hotel books you directly though and some how fucks up they send you to a place that's like $2500 a night

• Haha
Reactions: whatever

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
I did a hotel thread years ago about all of the shit. Finding needles in folding beds (usually for add on kids), people ripping holes in the walls to smoke weed

Ore

OT Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Hamilton ON
One of the 'out there' ones is when some how like priceline over books them and they ship the customer off to a 7 diamond instead

Edit: wait fuck. no refunds for price line, you deal with them on your own. If the hotel books you directly though and some how fucks up they send you to a place that's like $2500 a night
I find that for all travel related shit booking direct is where it's at. I will never book with Expedia again.

Reactions: XO

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
Claiming some barely speaking english woman stole 1000 from them. The lady had worked there for 40 years...

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
I have a fuck ton of hotel stories but don't really need to dox myself

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
My favorite though was in one of the conf rooms we were setting up some catering, and I was like hey that looks like ass cheek imprints on the table

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I find that for all travel related shit booking direct is where it's at. I will never book with Expedia again.
I call direct and reference the expedi price. they usually match or get close.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor