GUN what's the logic for knife laws? (in regards to ccw)

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
ok, i don't know what other states are like for their laws, but Kansas is fucking retarded.

so i can have my ccw for my handgun, but it doesn't cover knives so i still have to keep folding blades below 4 inches and can't carry my kbar on my belt

why the holy fuck would it be legal for me to carry as many concealed handguns as i see fit, but i can't carry a knife over 4"

who comes up with this fucking shit!!!!

is this common for most states or do i just live in the stupidest fucking state

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
Pretty common.

Your problem is you're expecting sense from a law that attempts to modify behavior by regulating an object.

TS
TS
apman0000

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
i guess lol.

i just can't wrap my head around the idea that the state feels comfortable with the idea of me carrying my handguns everywhere i go, but if i carry a knife that's 4 1/2" long i can be arrested.

i'm no expert or genius by any means but i bet most people can do more damage (either intentional or accidentally) with a handgun than a knife lol

a less lethal object is illegal, these sorts of laws should be enough for people to give up on this government and fucking start a revolution

this shit is just too fucking stupid to continue

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
Knife laws, generally speaking, are even more moronic than gun laws.

Luckily though, my FL CWP lets me carry pretty much anything I want :bowdown:

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
Hah, I missed the Ka-Bar part. Of course a large fixed blade on your belt isn't covered by a Concealed Weapon/Pistol License.

Also, if you want to carry one any time you aren't hunting/fishing/camping/hiking, there's a good chance you're a toolbag :o

TS
TS
apman0000

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
Why would you carry a K-Bar in your belt?

i like the knife :)

there is no practical reason lol

but it isn't just because of the kbar i just pretty much threw that on there cause i think the knife restrictions are stupid

there's been a few folders that are a little over 4" that i've wanted but didn't get because the kansas laws are so god damn stupid, seriously as if a 4 1/2" blade is gonna make a difference compared to a 4" and why the hell do they act like any of that shit matters when it's concealed when i'm wearing a gun, if i was a maniac that wanted to go on a killing rampage i wouldn't pull out a 5" folding knife, or a kbar for that matter, i'd probably use the gun on my hip

obviously someone that's a crazy fuck killer won't care about gun or knife laws, i was just trying to figure out if there was actually some kind of logic in the heavy knife restrictions, seems like there is none, guess i shouldn't be shocked lol. just another silly weapon law that serves no purpose

fucking weapon laws are so silly it makes me nuts

sounds like i need to move to florida, why are their ccw laws so much better than most places :( no fair :(

(i don't know where i'd even wear a k-bar, not like i could walk into meetings with clients with a big ass knife on my belt, just an example)

Last edited:

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
I wonder what some of the uptight PD's (lenexa pd?) would say about my kershaw speedsafe

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan