What's the most innocent thing you've said at work which made someone think they were getting fired?

Russel's Teapot

Nov 19, 2012
So I'm a manager at my work. Had a new worker and she'd only been working for a few days. I asked her, "Can I have a quick chat with you in my office?" which I found out most people think means, "Can I fire you in my office so you don't make a scene in front of everyone else?"

I just wanted to see how she was settling in.

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
I had a new guy cause $8k in damage to one of our vehicles. I didn’t really give a fuck because it was at its end of life anyway, and said “hey just keep an eye out next time and be careful”

he left and never came back:coolugh:

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
one of the sales dudes was freaking out that he hadn't sold anything in the 6 months since he started. i told him not to worry because he's putting in the effort
they fired him the next day :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: bearsdidit
TS
TS

Russel's Teapot

Nov 19, 2012
one of the sales dudes was freaking out that he hadn't sold anything in the 6 months since he started. i told him not to worry because he's putting in the effort
they fired him the next day :dunno:

I bet you felt out of the loop........... unless you're just one of the sales dudes as well.

TS
TS

Russel's Teapot

Nov 19, 2012
Yeah, randomly being called to the bosses office with no notice or agenda gets people on edge.

See, previously when I was just a lowly employee I never felt on edge when called into the boss's office. Never felt I'd ever done anything worth firing over.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarRice