SPORTS What's your biggest Problem or Frustration with Training MMA?

Placebo

Sep 8, 2005
I saw a post in another forum about another topic with the same questions. Some of the answers really put a lot of things in perspective.

1. What is your biggest Fear when it comes to training or competing?

2. If you could have any question answered about MMA, or martial arts in general, what would it be?

TS
TS
Placebo

Placebo

Sep 8, 2005
1. Getting a serious injury or suffering an embarrassing loss in competition.

2. What's the best way to setup take downs without getting hit?

Nomad

Sep 30, 2005
my biggest complaint:

being a fulltime student, having a part time job, being in a fraternity, being in PRSSA and having an internship

meaning no time to do jiu jitsu like i want to

TS
TS
Placebo

Placebo

Sep 8, 2005
It's tough to stay consistent if you have to think about it. For me in my first five years, I was so hungry to learn that I made it whenever I could. I'd get tapped and want to show up as much as I could to make up for it.

Now it's tougher to show up more than three times a week.

The more I train, and train others, the more I realize that it's the quality of training not the quantity that matters. The people with the discipline to drill certain techniques over and over are the ones that seem to get better much faster.

adrenalin112

Dec 30, 2003
SoCal --> Tempe
It's tough to stay consistent if you have to think about it. For me in my first five years, I was so hungry to learn that I made it whenever I could. I'd get tapped and want to show up as much as I could to make up for it.

Now it's tougher to show up more than three times a week.

The more I train, and train others, the more I realize that it's the quality of training not the quantity that matters. The people with the discipline to drill certain techniques over and over are the ones that seem to get better much faster.

the hunger is there, its the work and financial responsibilities that i have which get in the way. :hs:

$lacker

FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews
OT Supporter
Jun 27, 2003
Canada
Biggest concern training BJJ is injury... it doesn't take much to sustain a minor (but PITA) injury when rolling with a particular type of person

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor