When the fuck did blind app became similar to OT? 🤣

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Like seriously been like this for the past 3 months or so. Was very useful for a year and now it's all bragging rights.

Screenshot_2021-01-19-19-08-52-638_com.robinhood.android.jpg

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC
My favorite are the new grads who lost their DoorDash offers a few months before IPO because of covid. Some of them missed out on million dollar packages :rofl:

TS
TS
Ariez

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Citadel and other quant firms absolutely pay 200-300 to new grads though
I know this korean dude that's a quant at nyc office in downtown.

Absolutely not...unless thing seriously changed the last 2 years. He had a phd in mathematics and master in physics and was "only" getting around 350k salary with a sign on bonus worth about 160k.

I can't imagine any company offering a 21 year old 500k a year being the norm.

• Wow
Reactions: Cicada

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta

Absolutely not...unless thing seriously changed the last 2 years. He had a phd in mathematics and master in physics and was "only" getting around 350k salary with a sign on bonus worth about 160k.

I can't imagine any company offering a 21 year old 500k a year.
Yeah, undergrads are retards imho

westheimer

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
DC

I can't imagine any company offering a 21 year old 500k a year.
I didn’t say 500 but 200 isn’t uncommon. I do not work at a quant firm and we pay new grads ~100. A big tech company will pay new grads mid to high 100s. So yeah a quant firm is definitely beating those comfortably.

Just searched citadel new grad:

New grad software engineer (Not quant)
Citadel: TC 225 + signing bonus 75
Amazon: TC 155 including signing bonus

TS
TS
Ariez

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
I didn’t say 500 but 200 isn’t uncommon. I do not work at a quant firm and we pay new grads ~100. A big tech company will pay new grads mid to high 100s. So yeah a quant firm is definitely beating those comfortably.
Well 200k is near poverty level in SF and nyc.

atxmike

This is my custom title
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2007
Bay Area, CA

Sure, but you don't get those offers with a CS degree from a state school thats not a top 10 program.

TS
TS
Ariez

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Can someone explain this so that a person with an MBA from the midwest can understand?
Whats to explain? The Blind app?

Its an app where you can log in anonymously and ask for advice/talk shit about your company/get some insider info. (It require you to sign up via your company email, so in order for you to be a "facebook employee" you need a facebook email reducing the spam and people lying about where they work).

It was useful for a time, but now its becoming a place to brag about your salary/offer.

Citadel is a hedge fund (fintech company). Known to be super wall street type with high turnover rate and insane offers to some of the brightest people in the world (they use to get a lot of people with H1bs). The other being 2sigma and these 2 basically compete with google, microsoft, and amazon for these people (at least here in nyc).

comp = compensation
tc = total compensation (salary + signing bonus + year end bonus + stock options).

Last edited:
Reactions: Aviv

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal

im in the wrong place :omg:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026