TECH When the fuck is the new iPhone coming out?

makemedie

Jan 8, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
SO has an iPhone 8 and it runs out of juice twice a day. She's always got it on charge, which can't be helping.

Thought they were supposed to be out by the 13/14th of October but so far not even journo invites have gone out.. so is this shit further delayed or what?! :mad:

Reactions: Cicada

Sam Gamgee

Every tool is weapon if you hold it right.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Western MA
I just made a thread about this last week.

Replace the battery. It's $49. And you'll get that back when you turn in/upgrade the phone.

Next iPhone won't be out until end of October (at the earliest). Expecting a pre-order somewhere in the week of Oct 19 with phones not arriving until end of October.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
I just made a thread about this last week.

Replace the battery. It's $49. And you'll get that back when you turn in/upgrade the phone.

Next iPhone won't be out until end of October (at the earliest). Expecting a pre-order somewhere in the week of Oct 19 with phones not arriving until end of October.
I think this is only the 12 model too. I think the Pro models have been said to be November for ship dates.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Jun 13, 2001
I think this is only the 12 model too. I think the Pro models have been said to be November for ship dates.
That's the latest rumor. They'll do an announcement mid-October with the regular iPhone 12 shipping shortly thereafter but the Pro shipping to be delayed into November.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
who cares about the newest model? I just finally replaced my 8+ with the 11 pro max and it'll be fine for at least a couple years

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
That's the latest rumor. They'll do an announcement mid-October with the regular iPhone 12 shipping shortly thereafter but the Pro shipping to be delayed into November.
I think the announcement is 10/13 with most likely iPhone 12 preorders that friday and pro models pre order announced for November.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Jun 13, 2001
Thinking of just getting an 11pro 🤔
I highly recommend against it at this point. While 5G networks are nascent today, the deployments are rapidly growing, and will only continue to increase through 2021 and on. Americans are keeping their cell phones longer and longer with the death of the old 2 year contracts, so with an iPhone 11 Pro bought today, you wouldn't see those 5G networks at all until you replaced that phone in a couple of years.

Reactions: wait*what

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan