SPORTS When will the UFC get a new theme music for their PPVs?

JJ

Feb 23, 2010
Earth
Yeah the gladiator intro and the metal theme is immature..

Pride's production and dream's production has a bit more professionalism. Minus the fireworks. Although, I do like the pyro

Cro Cop

OT Supporter
Dec 24, 2009
On my Heath Ledger shit
He's right. As much as I didn't like how strikefarce was run, their production was always > UFC

Depends on what you mean by "production". Their prefight packages are infinitely better than what the UFC puts together, but if you factor in their commentary and all of their flubs, then they're not in the UFC's league.

Also consider the AWFUL fucking production behind the Challengers cards. The main SF cards had well-produced videos while Challengers cards always looked like they belonged on public access.

Nomad

Sep 30, 2005
Showtime does the SF production

UFC does all their own production

you're comparing what CBS Corp. can do compared to a much smaller company, and most of the time UFC is out performing Showtime/Strikeforce

opening sequence: good, you see highlights of the fighters and some of the prefight shittalking, etc.

during the ppv/event: better than anyone, no retarded commentating, no useless backstage interviews covering the same stuff that the commentators just said

UFC production value > *

just because you don't like the music doesn't mean its a bad production.

they branded themselves wwhen Zuffa took over by using that song, and continue to do so today

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Depends on what you mean by "production". Their prefight packages are infinitely better than what the UFC puts together, but if you factor in their commentary and all of their flubs, then they're not in the UFC's league.

Also consider the AWFUL fucking production behind the Challengers cards. The main SF cards had well-produced videos while Challengers cards always looked like they belonged on public access.

that's what i meant. not the gus johnson & frank shamrock shit-show :rofl: pre-production stuff. the camera work on the actual fights is very very good too. the introductions and fighter entrances are shit and the commentary is shit. and "shit" might be too kind. it's borderline painful.

Cro Cop

OT Supporter
Dec 24, 2009
On my Heath Ledger shit
that's what i meant. not the gus johnson & frank shamrock shit-show :rofl: pre-production stuff. the camera work on the actual fights is very very good too. the introductions and fighter entrances are shit and the commentary is shit. and "shit" might be too kind. it's borderline painful.

I'm going to get tons of hate for this but I'm a sucker for the pyro. :o

They ruined that for the longest time though by forcing fighters to pick from their own list of songs. :ugh2:

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
strikeforce pyro just looks odd and out of place. coupled with jimmy lennon jr. announcing the fighters at the top of the ramp, then again in the cage...and i'm sorry but jimmy isn't who i want to hear to get pumped up for a fight. he sounds like the magician from the frosty the snowman cartoon. i want someone losing their head like bruce buffer or the crazy pride bitch.

Nomad

Sep 30, 2005
strikeforce pyro just looks odd and out of place. coupled with jimmy lennon jr. announcing the fighters at the top of the ramp, then again in the cage...and i'm sorry but jimmy isn't who i want to hear to get pumped up for a fight. he sounds like the magician from the frosty the snowman cartoon. i want someone losing their head like bruce buffer or the crazy pride bitch.

qft

.Tim

Mar 3, 2005
Oklahoma City

Pride's production and dream's production has a bit more professionalism. Minus the fireworks. Although, I do like the pyro

Nothing wrong with a metal theme if it's good. That one just sounds dated as fuck. They would probably get more time out of it if they just removed the vocals.

Helios

Apr 14, 2006
Nyc <> Amsterdam <> SE MI
Showtime does the SF production

UFC does all their own production

you're comparing what CBS Corp. can do compared to a much smaller company, and most of the time UFC is out performing Showtime/Strikeforce
Ufc hasn't been "small" in a few years now, they can easily afford to take it up a notch. They're a billion dollar company, not some local show operating out of a highschool gym.

during the ppv/event: better than anyone, no retarded commentating, no useless backstage interviews covering the same stuff that the commentators just said
Pretty much everything not related to commenting could be better.
just because you don't like the music doesn't mean its a bad production.
Not bad, but nothing great either.

they branded themselves wwhen Zuffa took over by using that song, and continue to do so today
Time to update the brand, they're not gonna use the same song forever.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street

:werd:

What is weird is I was just thinking about this last event.

On the otherhand, as shitty as the music is, I get fucking pumped when it comes on.

phonics

No good sir, I'm on the level.
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
It would be a huge move to redo their branding and I don't see it happening anytime soon

The people really into mma will watch regardless, the gladiator/metal/skulls shit is for the casual fans :dunno:

phonics

No good sir, I'm on the level.
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
the camera work on the actual fights is very very good too. t

lolwat, iirc they used the boxing film crews and just used the widest shot possible as not to miss anything

maks

Bah! t(-_-t)
Dec 29, 2004
Socal

I love the vignettes and background stories pride/dream do for their fighters.

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Agreed, I hate the music. As long as we're dreaming about how to improve the UFC shows, GET RID OF BRUCE BUFFER.

I'm also getting kind of tired of Rogan.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan