When you were a kid did you have or know anyone who had Go-Bots

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
gobots.jpg

If so, how many macaroni and cheese dinners did you eat a week?

Reactions: ERock and FBI-SS

Dr. Charisma

Dec 28, 2003
GA
On one hand we probably were the poverty demo you're looking for here, but this would have been a pretty good while before my time :o

My mother also made sure I had tight name brand toys no matter how bad things were.

Mighty

Rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies.
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
I had the jet thing, but I also had a bunch of Transformers.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
My favorite cartoon in the 80's was some kind of transformer-y one where there were like 5 planes that came together for the final battle each episode. It was definitely Japanese though I didn''t know that at the time. I don't think it was ever that popular in the US because I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

Faikius

Jul 2, 2003
Tomball, TX
A few, but quickly moved on to Transformers. Vaguely remember the bad guy being a motorcycle, and the good guy being an F-15. Had some sort of jet shaped base as well I think.

tommylightning

If ya can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Aug 25, 2001
You Betcha State
My dad got an entire set of them because he represented the company that supplied those decal sheets to Tonka. I was asking him about them maybe 10 years ago and he said he threw them out. They were never opened :uh:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
I'm old enough that we had coon skin hats and tin copies of the Alamo, complete with plastic soldiers, plastic cannons, and plastic mexican soldiers carrying ladders.

I got a lot of cool leftover toys from the neighbors who had kids slightly older than me. I had some kind of western fort set with walls and soldiers and shit. They also gave me a bolt action rifle that we'd been told was disabled somehow but who knows. I also had a Battlestar Galactica Viper that shot little red plastic "missiles" out of the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan