GUN Where do you buy your wilson 1911 mags?

Market Garden

Just do a search. The big guys like Midway usually have pretty good prices, but sometimes you can find random smaller places that can save you a few bucks.

TS
TS
Painkiller

Painkiller

Michael Ronaldo Cristiano
Dec 20, 2001
Earf
Are you in a hurry for them? If not, I'll go down Thursday on my day off and pick them up. I'm not sure if they have the "DAB" though...I use regular 47D's. :dunno:

Not really in a hurry I don't even have the gun yet lolz I put it on layaway today. :x: IBfag

TS
TS
Painkiller

Painkiller

Michael Ronaldo Cristiano
Dec 20, 2001
Earf
Well, you already picked the right mags ;) I've tried pretty much every kind of 1911 mag and the Wilson 47D's perform BY FAR the best. So will the normal 47D's do? Or do you specifically want the black ones with the aluminum basepad? (I don't think they have those, and if they do, not for 3/$75)...

Edit: What gun??

I like the black ones better. Springfield Professional

AB13

Jul 8, 2006
Auburn, WA
The all black ones are a little more. That's what I rock for my CCW piece. :cool:

As for where I buy them, you could save a few bucks and order from Natchez Shooter Supply or find someone with a business license and set up a Brownells account for dealer discount. Since I don't save too much on them, I support a local indoor range I shoot IDPA at, or I'll support one of the online vendors that supports our area matches up here.

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
I grab them, usually used from a local shop.

Guy takes them in trade, I assume, and doesn't know/care what they are, cos he lets them go for $10. I can usually come up with 1 or 2 each trip.

AustinL911

Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator
May 24, 2005
Columbus
What's the reasoning behind going with the 7 or 8 rd. mags (besides the obvious extra rd.) ? Do some guns require 8 rd. mags? Do they just hang lower? Better for guns with magwells?

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
What's the reasoning behind going with the 7 or 8 rd. mags (besides the obvious extra rd.) ? Do some guns require 8 rd. mags? Do they just hang lower? Better for guns with magwells?

Wilson has redesigned followers that allow an extra round into a standard sized 1911 mag. Some people prefer the original design follower though, so they continue to offer the 7rd.

Personal preference; except in a few extra picky guns, I've never heard of any trouble with the 8rd, nor have I had any.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor