TECH where is all my free space going?

dorkultra

OT's resident crohns dude
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
in my server, i have an old 10gb hard drive as the system C: drive.

for some reason i only have about a gig of free space left. i have system restore turned off and i have the page file set to 500mb, i also lowered the amount that recycle bin can hold to the minimum.

even when i select everything on the C: drive and show properties, it doesn't add up

15dvpc3.jpg

yeah i know, 10gb is weak. i have a 200gb drive to put in there, but it seems like such a waste of free space because i'm only going to have the system on that drive

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
If you select only the visible files, you'll only see the metadata for the visible files. Selecting the whole drive includes even files you can't see.

TS
TS
dorkultra

dorkultra

OT's resident crohns dude
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
well, i found that peerguardian was using up almost 1.5gb for it's history log. also, i found 2 users on my system that i had setup a long time ago to test things out and forgot about. freed up about 4 gb, thanks for the tips

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan