Where to buy Japanese A5 Wagyu?

brianpsx

It betta go up
OT Supporter
Nov 29, 2001
Fullerton, CA
I've been watching some youtube videos and looks delicious and pretty easy to prepare at home.

So I want to do something nice for the family during the holidays and make some since they've never had it.

Any recommendations on where to order from? I'm looking for prob 2 12oz steaks around that amount. I see a lot of people saying Costco carries it, but I haven't seen em around my area.

TS
TS
brianpsx

brianpsx

It betta go up
OT Supporter
Nov 29, 2001
Fullerton, CA

Formz

vr6dub can't cook chicken
Mar 13, 2003
🤠 .... 🐄 🏳️‍🌈
Thanks I remember seeing your post back then. I'll read up on it again since I wanna get my feet wet now.

I'm thinking to just sear them and serve really simple so I can't f it up. Any big difference to go with a certain cut for that?
Just be aware that you don’t want to go traditional “American style” 1” thick steaks with this stuff. Do half that. It’s way too rich to eat in huge chunks like you’d normally eat a steak.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Friend gave me this a while back.
xRflg5Q.jpg

Reactions: brianpsx and pacent

pacent

For Teh Nguyen
OT Supporter
Nov 24, 2004
Nowadays, I get mine from meatartisan or secondcityprime

I used to order from holy grail or crowdcow, but their selection has been hit or miss.

Reactions: brianpsx

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Nowadays, I get mine from meatartisan or secondcityprime

I used to order from holy grail or crowdcow, but their selection has been hit or miss.

Are you on the Meat Streat (Meat Artisan) raffle FB page? My friend has won thousands of nice meat from there.

TS
TS
brianpsx

brianpsx

It betta go up
OT Supporter
Nov 29, 2001
Fullerton, CA
Just be aware that you don’t want to go traditional “American style” 1” thick steaks with this stuff. Do half that. It’s way too rich to eat in huge chunks like you’d normally eat a steak.

Okay I'll keep that in mind. Really looking forward to this and feels good to do something nice for the family.

TS
TS
brianpsx

brianpsx

It betta go up
OT Supporter
Nov 29, 2001
Fullerton, CA
I noticed the links sent for these few meat stores are much higher than costco. Both listed as Japanese A5 Wagyu. What's the difference and is it really worth the price? About 2x or more.

pacent

For Teh Nguyen
OT Supporter
Nov 24, 2004
Are you on the Meat Streat (Meat Artisan) raffle FB page? My friend has won thousands of nice meat from there.

Yep, I used to do those raffles, but got tired of losing so I just order direct from Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman