FIT Where to get accurate BMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
Where can I go to get an accurate BMI? The doctor? At a gym? I know you can calculate an approximate BMI using height, weight and age, but to be exact, there's actual equipment involved that pinches parts of your body to get a more accurate BMI, right? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with it.

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
you can get an accurate BMI if you have an accurate height and weight.... it's also perfectly worthless.

BF% is harder to get 100% accurate...

subwoofer

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2003
california
only worry about BMI if you do not work out or are just starting. otherwise it is useless... big muscles = more weight = higher bmi != bad

BigBlind

There is only one way to become champion; never fu
OT Supporter
May 17, 2007
Asgard
next time you aren't familiar with something consider google first

Nonphixion

Oct 12, 2003
Vienna, Austria
You can go to 24hr fitness and get one of their trainers to get your BF% with the calipers for free. Say you want to sign up but won't join uless they give you a BF% test, they did it for me, it was a really high pressure trying ot get me to sign up.

Mike Hawk

OT Supporter
May 4, 2009
The SWAMP
You can go to 24hr fitness and get one of their trainers to get your BF% with the calipers for free. Say you want to sign up but won't join uless they give you a BF% test, they did it for me, it was a really high pressure trying ot get me to sign up.
most trainers don't properly use calipers. Truthfully the only real testing you will get is hydrostatic weighing, but who really cares that much? If you want to keep progress checks, nothing beats a picture and measurements. Calipers by yourself are fine, just be sure to pinch the same areas and the same amount every single time you record it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan