ART where to start for a website

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
So I downloaded the flash templates tetsuo posted and it got me thinking that I want a site. Are there any flickr flash gallerys that I could embed into a flash site or would I have to rehost pictures with my site. Basically, I have the ability to create a site and host it I just am uncertain on the best way to go about it and begin. Should I just use it with my best work and host those few pictures alone? and then link to my flickr somewhere?

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
speaking of websites, I'm not totally pleased with the "client log in" section of my site. It's bascially just a slide show. I'd like to find another host that I can upload Photoshop-created web proofing galleries but still link it back to my site.

Any suggestions??

TS
TS
xconverge

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Ok let me rephrase my question. Is there a way to use flickr to host my photos and have some sort of nice front end that I dont have to make? Are there flickr flash front ends? I might just make a flash site and host the few pictures I want to show off on the site.

TS
TS
xconverge

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
karma for pulling that on someone today. yea yea yea I tried that but I was looking for some OTAP reccomended choices. I figured so many of you used flickr someone might already be doing this :shrug:

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
karma for pulling that on someone today. yea yea yea I tried that but I was looking for some OTAP reccomended choices. I figured so many of you used flickr someone might already be doing this :shrug:
:mamoru:

I see what you want to do and know that it's probably pretty feasible, I just don't know how to do it. Realtime updating ftw.

tetsuo

And shepherds we shall be...
May 6, 2004
does flickr do an xml/rss feed from your posted photos? if it does, you can make a flash gallery on your site that pulls the xml file. but you'll really have to know flash/actionscript.

TS
TS
xconverge

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Its a start atleast. Need to change the song/layout of the bottom/ most of the non photograph content. I am bad with flash so changing the bottom will be a pain

edit: my links keep getting messed up

spkphotos.com (no www yet, I messed up the dns and need to fix it)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan