CAR Which 90s convertible would you get?

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Has anyone used "Lemon Squad" or one of those PPI companies? The hooptie dealer for the silver one suggested I call in a mobile PPI company and mentioned them as a popular one among people, which seems better than the response from the Green one.

$279 for a full "classic" inspection seems like a rip off though - it's what, 1hr of labor?
could be 2 hours if it includes a compression test.

TS
TS
Havsie

Havsie

ROTARY BOYS
Jun 21, 2007
SOUTH Jersey
could be 2 hours if it includes a compression test.
It doesn't - it's just a general checkover for functionality of stuff, rust, numbers matching (lol), and repairs/bondo...which is the only product they offer for "classics" because it's 20+ years old they wont do the non- classic PPI. All of the stuff mentioned just seems like a waste of $300 tbh
I couldn't imagine ever having a decision on which car to buy and have the final two choices be an out of warranty MB product.
These went out of warranty in the Clinton presidency, that's how you know they're good :cool:

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Toyota actually made a convertible version for all three generations of the MR2. The MK2 convertibles were originally sold only in Japan but they have been making their way to the US... To be honest, they are kinda ugly. I prefer the MK1 convertibles over the MK2 and MK3.

1641498605335.png

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Has anyone used "Lemon Squad" or one of those PPI companies? The hooptie dealer for the silver one suggested I call in a mobile PPI company and mentioned them as a popular one among people, which seems better than the response from the Green one.

$279 for a full "classic" inspection seems like a rip off though - it's what, 1hr of labor?
There was once a rich businessman with a broken beloved car. Despite several attempts, he was unable to fix the engine of that car. He called several engineers but no one was able to fix it. Finally there was an old mechanic who visited him. That old guy inspected the engine and asked for a hammer. On front side of the engine, he tapped few times with his hammer and brrroomm…brroom…It started Working! Next day, the old mechanic sent his invoice for $1000. The businessman was shocked.

He said, “ This was merely a $1 job. You just tapped the engine with your hammer. What’s there for $1000 that you are asking?”

The old mechanic said “ Let me give you a detailed invoice.”

The Invoice read:

Tapping the engine with hammer: $1

Knowing where to hit the hammer: $999

:scootin:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448