CAR Which of these cars does OT recommend?

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
My current 2014 GMC Terrain is grossly overvalued in the used car market, so I think it’s time to sell if I can get what KBB says I can.

I’m just looking for a basic, reliable secondary vehicle. We use our other vehicle when going on trips or doing things as a family, so this is pretty much just to get back and forth from work as well as errands and whatnot.

Looking between these options:

2022 Subaru Legacy
2022 Honda HR-V
2022 Toyota Corolla hybrid
2022 Honda Civic

Any thoughts on those cars or anything else I should be considering?

TS
TS
JacksonWhite

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
I agree with Johnny but the new Civic as @amill94 stated has been getting great reviews.
They all seem to have very similar reviews.

“good value, should be reliable, but not the most exciting car”.

The HR-V is appealing to me because it’s bigger and an SUV, but still cheap.

Corolla hybrid gets 53 MPG, which is great

Subaru Legacy has AWD, which I like.

Civic seems to have nothing particularly noteworthy about it from what I have seen

Entomology

Resident Misandrist™
OT Supporter
May 22, 2014
Lolll I just looked up what my car would trade in for, and it's the same price when I bought it 5 years ago. Holy shit :rofl:

Reactions: Bloke

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
which is what you want for an A to B car
Even an A to B car can be exciting and doesn’t have to be something driven by people who don’t care about cars at all.

I know we aren’t teenagers anymore but there’s more fun options than a hybrid Corolla that offers the same things. Mazda has the 3 or 6, both great options as they have been for fifteen years. But even my wife’s Kia Rio gets 50 mpg’s and isn’t a hybrid.

If I’m going to get an electric car I’m going to get a fully electric car, especially with the options out now and coming in the next few years. I wouldn’t buy a hybrid today.

TS
TS
JacksonWhite

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
Even an A to B car can be exciting and doesn’t have to be something driven by people who don’t care about cars at all.

I know we aren’t teenagers anymore but there’s more fun options than a hybrid Corolla that offers the same things. Mazda has the 3 or 6, both great options as they have been for fifteen years. But even my wife’s Kia Rio gets 50 mpg’s and isn’t a hybrid.

If I’m going to get an electric car I’m going to get a fully electric car, especially with the options out now and coming in the next few years. I wouldn’t buy a hybrid today.
53 MPG is pretty damn good imo. Double what I currently get. At $3 a gallon, it saves $5600 over 100k miles

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

digitaljames

OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2005
Tampa
They all seem to have very similar reviews.

“good value, should be reliable, but not the most exciting car”.

The HR-V is appealing to me because it’s bigger and an SUV, but still cheap.

Corolla hybrid gets 53 MPG, which is great

Subaru Legacy has AWD, which I like.

Civic seems to have nothing particularly noteworthy about it from what I have seen
HR-V is small bro, barely bigger than a civic.

Reactions: JacksonWhite

hondaluva

likes free hugs...
Jul 6, 2001
I will start by telling you that the Subaru Outback XT (onyx edition) was probably the best car I've driven last year. Since the Legacy shares the same platform, I like it, but you will want the 2.4 turbocharged motor. Unfortunately, you're going to have to shell out $35k, which is much more than the top trims of rest of the cars listed. At that point, a 2-liter Accord or a 2yo. Stinger may be a better value

Now the HR-V I would not recommend at all. It is essentially a lifted Honda Fit, but it does not have the driving dynamics that the Fit is known for. It can store a lot, but there are better driving vehicles out there like a Kia Soul, Hyundai Kona, or even a Subaru XV.

Corolla Hybrid sounds nice on paper but good luck finding any toyota hybrid at MSRP. Also, an SE Camry does 45mpg on the highway.

Therefore the Civic wins just off of process of elimination.

TS
TS
JacksonWhite

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
I will start by telling you that the Subaru Outback XT (onyx edition) was probably the best car I've driven last year. Since the Legacy shares the same platform, I like it, but you will want the 2.4 turbocharged motor. Unfortunately, you're going to have to shell out $35k, which is much more than the top trims of rest of the cars listed. At that point, a 2-liter Accord or a 2yo. Stinger may be a better value

Now the HR-V I would not recommend at all. It is essentially a lifted Honda Fit, but it does not have the driving dynamics that the Fit is known for. It can store a lot, but there are better driving vehicles out there like a Kia Soul, Hyundai Kona, or even a Subaru XV.

Corolla Hybrid sounds nice on paper but good luck finding any toyota hybrid at MSRP. Also, an SE Camry does 45mpg on the highway.

Therefore the Civic wins just off of process of elimination.
I am currently leaning towards the Subaru Legacy. I really don’t care too much here, was just planning on going base model which is under $25k.

Reactions: czbrdm

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448