Who do you use for car insurance?

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
I've been with State Farm for like ten years, but I feel like I can get a lower rate, looking for suggestions :h5:

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
State Farm for the last few years. Nobody has been able to touch them. All of my policies are up for renewal, though, so it’s time for me to start shopping around, too.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
shop it every year or two.

basically the insurance system can tell if you jump around or stay. if you stay they dont discount as much.

Reactions: 93rx7

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Back to Progressive after I had to add my kid to policy since he just got his license. Far and away the cheapest.

Was with Liberty Mutual for a few years before that.

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
I have had State Farm for a long time. There are certainly cheaper options. I think they are near the top price wise.

I have been tempted to switch to Nationwide since they have an OEM parts endorsement. :dunno:

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
AAA. They've been really awesome. 2 cars (1 full, 1 liability) and a trailer for $650/6 months. They were already cheaper than anyone else I priced out then gave me a $100/6 month discount for having a graduate degree. They also have a DMV in their building that is always empty.

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Only downside is the $60/ year to be a member, but I'd pay that anyhow. Probably going to upgrade to the one that has 250 free miles and will do trailers too.

Manthrax

OT Supporter
Jan 1, 2007
Merryland
Erie, probably only someone from #PAcrew will know what's up. Probably @Do it To it

They're a smaller insurance company from Pennsylvania and most people have never heard of it but my parents have been with the company for like 50 years so my agent gives me pretty good rates.

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Geico comes lowest for me. $100 a month full coverage for a 1 year old $60k vehicle, $500 deductible.

I'm at $80/month for liability only, 20 year old $5k vehicle (that I drive 5k miles a year), haven't had an accident or ticket in like 10+ years.

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Erie, probably only someone from #PAcrew will know what's up. Probably @Do it To it

They're a smaller insurance company from Pennsylvania and most people have never heard of it but my parents have been with the company for like 50 years so my agent gives me pretty good rates.

Yeah I remember them from when I lived in Hell (PA)

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
shop car insurance every 2 years

im with geico now, will be switching to progressive shortly

$700/half for 4 cars and two trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor