Who has successfully trapped and killed a skunk with no drama?

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
I been watching youtube, seems like its 50/50 if you shoot it. One dude had this long ass pole with a syringe full of acetone and injected it into its lungs, no smell, but seemed a little twisted. I aint doing all that tho.

shoot it or tie a rope to the trap and then throw the trap in a pond

BrianCash

Jan 25, 2009
Chicago
Supposedly its illegal to relocate skunks here. Called pest control once for a skunk problem and they gassed them right in the trap and hauled the remains away.

Reactions: pookrat

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I mean, if it's not rabid then no reason to put it down. They still serve a purpose.

But if they're causing issues with chickens and eggs then i get it. I'd just call animal control and be done with it.

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Buncha city kids itt. He's defending his chicken coup not trapping them in the woods just to torture them.

If the trap is outside shoot the skunk in the trap. It might spray, don't be behind it and keep your distance. If you can get a blanket over the trap you might be able to move it without spraying. I don't really trust that concept but do what you gotta do.

If you can successfully move the trap without smelling like ass release it in the woods far away from people, that won't be hard to do in NM. A coyote will handle it within 8 hours.

Skunks eat ground hornet nests so they do actually do something good for society but they also eat small livestock and spray your dogs and cats which sucks bigly. Sometimes you gotta spank nature a lil bit

Reactions: I<3URANUS and jaunt
TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
Buncha city kids itt. He's defending his chicken coup not trapping them in the woods just to torture them.

If the trap is outside shoot the skunk in the trap. It might spray, don't be behind it and keep your distance. If you can get a blanket over the trap you might be able to move it without spraying. I don't really trust that concept but do what you gotta do.

If you can successfully move the trap without smelling like ass release it in the woods far away from people, that won't be hard to do in NM. A coyote will handle it within 8 hours.

Skunks eat ground hornet nests so they do actually do something good for society but they also eat small livestock and spray your dogs and cats which sucks bigly. Sometimes you gotta spank nature a lil bit
Thanks for the input, good advice. I already moved the trap with a blanket over it. Im a city slicker as well but im learning.

It's hilarious that people think in nature animals die of old age.

• Cool
Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022