Who has successfully trapped and killed a skunk with no drama?

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
.22LR is cheaper, easier, and vastly more humane, jfc :ugh:

Couldn't shoot guns around the camp. Too close to others. Besides, my dad is a different type of man. He was raised dirt poor and hunting was a huge part of his life. He doesn't exactly have the same level of respect for animals as you or I :rofl:

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
Thanks for the input, good advice. I already moved the trap with a blanket over it. Im a city slicker as well but im learning.

It's hilarious that people think in nature animals die of old age.
If you can move it just take bud out in the woods on your lunch break man.

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
bro just relocate it to some random place where it has no idea where to find food or shelter, then it'll be someone else's problem anyway.

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
How far? It already has a taste for blood i dont need this thing coming back. My backyard is the woods.
I think their territory is only around 4 miles tops from whatever they consider their den. Find some woods 10 miles away and call it good

Dim

I'm Lost, Help Me
Aug 26, 2004
California
My grandfather took out a bunch of these things that were living under his shed. Tried a few different things to not make a mess.

Ended up trapping each in a cage, then single shot with a pellet gun through the lungs. Would basically huff, lie down and die. No mess, no smell, no drama.

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
I have a skunk problem as well. They live in a den in the drainage ditch near my backyard. Have sprayed the dog multiple times. And we have a doggie door so that really sucked. Once it woke me up in the middle of the night from just the smell alone when the dog came in our room after getting sprayed. Called Animal Control here. They said they do not deal with them unless they appear rabid. They recommended calling a pest control company. The few they recommended said they would trap them then shoot them in the trap. Dispose of them. Then reset the trap until they didn't catch any for 14 days in a row. Said they don't spray that way 90% of the time. Guy only wanted $250 but I haven't called him out yet. I need to do that soon.

• Support
Reactions: jaunt

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
I been watching youtube, seems like its 50/50 if you shoot it. One dude had this long ass pole with a syringe full of acetone and injected it into its lungs, no smell, but seemed a little twisted. I aint doing all that tho.
That's awful, not cool at all.

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
The late Buddy wouldn't think twice about lunging into a skunk, ready to tear it to bits.

TWICE I had to get up at 3 am and drive to a drug store for the ingredients to take the stink off him.

Did he learn? No.

Buddy's record:
Possoms: 49-0
Raccoons: 3-1 (They watched professional wrestling. They knew how to work in gangs).
Skunks: 0-4

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
My woman friend in Ohio says there is a new law. If, say, you realize a skunk is nesting underneath your house,
you CANT trap it. If you get a service, and they catch it, they will not relocate it (short for - fucking dead).
Not sure what other alternatives there are.

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
Dont worry animal control will come get it and put it in a skunk rescue and it will live a long healthy life.

I'll stop eating too because it involves killing shit. Dont be a mental midget.
You’re the faggot watching people harpoon them in the lungs with acetone, you fucking psychopath.

there’s miles of difference between that shit and having a hamburger, and you’re calling me a mental midget?

Reactions: Jinx
TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
You’re the faggot watching people harpoon them in the lungs with acetone, you fucking psychopath.

there’s miles of difference between that shit and having a hamburger, and you’re calling me a mental midget?
I was looking into ways of humane disposal and that came up, i dont agree with it, i said im not for it. read the thread instead of going into a rage you bozo.

TS
TS
jaunt

jaunt

straight raw like a shamans feet
Aug 7, 2006
Fort Apache
I have a skunk problem as well. They live in a den in the drainage ditch near my backyard. Have sprayed the dog multiple times. And we have a doggie door so that really sucked. Once it woke me up in the middle of the night from just the smell alone when the dog came in our room after getting sprayed. Called Animal Control here. They said they do not deal with them unless they appear rabid. They recommended calling a pest control company. The few they recommended said they would trap them then shoot them in the trap. Dispose of them. Then reset the trap until they didn't catch any for 14 days in a row. Said they don't spray that way 90% of the time. Guy only wanted $250 but I haven't called him out yet. I need to do that soon.
Psycopath crew

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
Many many times. Used to work for a wildlife management company, caught several skunks for people, never got sprayed.

The question you should be asking is how do you euthanize a skunk without getting sprayed. Answer you don't want to fucking know, you're not the same person after you euthanize a skunk as you were before.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026