SPORTS who in your opinion had the hardest debut fight in the UFC?

machine

Welcome to the Machine
OT Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
DSotM
Dan Henderson by a mile.

Allan Goes?
hsughno.gif

TS
TS
momentum

momentum

CAN'T STOP THIS SON!
Jan 2, 2001
San Diego
so basically I'm right then with all these answers so far. GSP is the best Welterweight fighter ever after all.

Nomad

Sep 30, 2005
so basically I'm right then with all these answers so far. GSP is the best Welterweight fighter ever after all.

so is this just a thread for you to suck GSPs nuts?

sure Mayhem had a tough fight, but GSP was only 9-1 at the time, and he wasn't dominating the division like he is now. also that was Mayhems first and only attempt at dropping down to 170lbs and everyone has commented on how drained he looked for that fight.

whether you're doing it intentionally or not, but you're comparing the GSP of now 2011, to the GSP of 2005 which is both stupid and annoying.

Lesnar had the toughest first fight against Mir, especially because of when he threw that single punch to the back of the head and Mazzagatti broke it up and took a point away without any warning.

I dislike the Lesnar bandwagon, but that was some horrible reffing, and gave Mir time to recover and they didn't set them back up in the same position.

Last edited:

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1

sure Mayhem had a tough fight, but GSP was only 9-1 at the time, and he wasn't dominating the division like he is now. also that was Mayhems first and only attempt at dropping down to 170lbs and everyone has commented on how drained he looked for that fight.

whether you're doing it intentionally or not, but you're comparing the GSP of now 2011, to the GSP of 2005 which is both stupid and annoying.

not to mention GSP cheated/greased for that fight too
eek5oopsie__________.gif

TS
TS
momentum

momentum

CAN'T STOP THIS SON!
Jan 2, 2001
San Diego

Lesnar had the toughest first fight against Mir, especially because of when he threw that single punch to the back of the head and Mazzagatti broke it up and took a point away without any warning.

I dislike the Lesnar bandwagon, but that was some horrible reffing, and gave Mir time to recover and they didn't set them back up in the same position.
:mb:
just asking what everyone's opinion was, don't get your panties in a bunch brah

machine

Welcome to the Machine
OT Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
DSotM
I kind of agree you can't really compare a fighter in his prime to when you had to face him as your debut.

Considering that, I think Einemo should be a contender for hardest debut. He hasn't fought in 5 years, where he went against James Thompson. And now he's facing Carwin at UFC 131.

Nomad

Sep 30, 2005
:mb:
just asking what everyone's opinion was, don't get your panties in a bunch brah

just pointing out the flaws in your point, and supporting my opinion with facts.

sorry you got upset i just proved you wrong

Nomad

Sep 30, 2005
I kind of agree you can't really compare a fighter in his prime to when you had to face him as your debut.

Considering that, I think Einemo should be a contender for hardest debut. He hasn't fought in 5 years, where he went against James Thompson. And now he's facing Carwin at UFC 131.

forgot about Einemo....however he's coming from a really solid camp so it may not be as big of a disadvantage as people may think.

Carwin hasn't fought since July last year, and is coming off of surgery. Granted its not as bad as not fighting for 5 years though.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan