Who is the person closest to you who owns a pool?

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
My in laws currently have a pool, but they are planning on downsizing to a condo in the near future. Its extremely nice to have a nearby pool at your disposal and I am gonna miss it a ton

pepsi

Cut my life into pieces
Dec 14, 2001
Alberta
like an inground pool? I mean, my brother has a kids pool for his kids he can move around if that counts. and a friend down the road has one for his dog

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
I think approximately 5 miles away. So a hop skip and a jump.
Pools don’t really count unless you can do laps though. Maybe if you can play water polo or volleyball.

Mr Chan

White not Rob
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
ATL
All 3 of my neighbors. 1 I don't even know, 1 I'm cool with but not that close, 1 I'm VERY cool with and could just go in his pool house, drink his beer and jump in his pool unannounced and it be totally fine with them.

Rownan

SHIFT
Mar 16, 2000
Highland, MI
I have one, it's a pain in the ass to care for in the summer and doesn't get used enough. Several family members live on lakes around us so we'd rather go there.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
relation wise? My parents live less than 5 miles from me now and have a pool.

distance wise? one of my best friends is a little under a mile from me and has one.

I will never own one myself again, if you don't have kids or don't feel like having people over all the time they always follow the same track: you use it a whole bunch the first year you have it and then it gradually tapers off to you using it maybe the first week it gets hot in the summer on your own and whenever you have people over.

Other than that they're a waste of space, money, and water in my experience. :o

It's like having a boat and not living either on a lake or near an ocean. If you have to come up with reasons for using it then you're eventually just not going to want to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman