Who wants to see more pics of my dad's f'd up foot after his 2nd amputation surgery?

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
The crazy part is seeing the wound move when he tries to "move" his big toe.
WAcKHpU.gif

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
They tried to install the wound vac port on the top of his foot, but couldn't get it to seal.

1611184590118.png

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
fuckin brutal. I haven't looked at my dad's amputation scars. My mom takes care of that.

does your dad care you're sharing this to internet strangers?

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
Did he cut his toe or something? I can't remember if it's staph or something else that can just pop up randomly even without a wound.

Got a cut on his toe and didn't treat it. He has a clotting disorder and bleeds like a stuck pig.

Went to his foot doctor a few days later because he has neuropathy in his legs and feet. She noticed what looked like a large blood blister on his big toe, and cut on it a little bit to check things out. Some nasty ass shit oozed out. She bandaged it and told him to drive himself straight to the ER. He spent 3 days on IV antibiotics and they didn't do shit.

• Sad
Reactions: hootpie
TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
:eek4: how painful is that?

He's walking on it without a lot of trouble. Hasn't taken a pain killer in a few days, but took one today before they put the vacuum on it because they told him it could be painful at first.

Reactions: G-man

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
hows the blood flow? That spot is not hard to get a seal on...
Not good. He probably has decent inflow, but this looks like a diabetic problem with bad microcirculation and impaired outflow, hence the venous stasis changes and edema.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026